Wikiposts

AOS I-864 Help Please!

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

dakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nice
Exclamation AOS I-864 Help Please!

Hello everyone, I need some advice really badly.

I sent in my AOS packet about a month ago and today just received my first ever Request for Initial Evidence form .

Here's some background info so that you guys know what is going on....

I am just out of college and thus have not had a job for the past few years while attending school full time. To this day, I am not employed so I had my mother act as a joint sponsor for my wife who is the one I am doing the AOS for. My mother makes an annual salary of about $44,000 and we noted that in my I-864 and her I-864A form. On the I-864 part 5 Sponsor's household size #21 that I filled out, I listed our household size as "3". Since my main place of residence is at my mother's house for the time being and she is submitting the form I-864A.

having said this, for Hawaii the 125% of the poverty line is only $25,300 for a household size of 3. So we should be well clear of that right? Now because we are over the poverty line I did not fill out Part 7 on the I-864 where it says Use of assets to supplement income.

If you note at the bottom of the RFIE that I received they are asking for proof of assets etc. I am confused as to what I have to send in to them. Do they want both I-864 and I-864A forms again along with the "proof" of my mother's assets etc?

The only things that we sent in from my mother along with her I-864A was her latest 2007 W2 tax forms, proof of employment letter, and birth certificate.

Im just very confused as to why the form is telling me that the income does not meet the poverty line. Thank you so much for your time and any advice.

-chad

Last edited by Rete; Sep 2nd 2008 at 9:45 pm. Reason: Edited to remove oversized attachment. Please put in a thumbnail shot.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS I-864 Help Please!

Originally Posted by dakine48
Hello everyone, I need some advice really badly.

I sent in my AOS packet about a month ago and today just received my first ever Request for Initial Evidence form .
Hi:

Did your mother also submit an I-864? You don't say. You only mention YOUR I-864 and the attached I-864A. I did not see any mention of your mother's I-864. If you submitted one, give another one. If you didn't submit one, prepare it and submit it with a notation that you are submitted the co-sponsor's I-864 in lieu of evidence of assets.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

dakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nicedakine48 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Did your mother also submit an I-864? You don't say. You only mention YOUR I-864 and the attached I-864A. I did not see any mention of your mother's I-864. If you submitted one, give another one. If you didn't submit one, prepare it and submit it with a notation that you are submitted the co-sponsor's I-864 in lieu of evidence of assets.
Hi there, I was under the impression that my mother (co-sponsor) would only need to file an I-864A form and not another I-864?

Have I been given the wrong info?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I was under the impression that my mother (co-sponsor) would only need to file an I-864A form and not another I-864?

I was under the same impression since you live together there is only the I-864 and I-864A.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:30 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I think MrF is offering you a solution to the situation that will be easily understandable by USCIS.