Wikiposts

AOS / Greencard question - Urgent

Old May 28th 2004, 8:00 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough
Default AOS / Greencard question - Urgent

Hi,

I have all of papers together to send for my AOS, however, there is one thing that worries me. My H1-B expired in May 2004, and whilst my company filed for an extension in time (before the expiration), my passport shows May 1st 2004 as the expiration. Also, the extension hasn't come through yet and probably won't for a few more months.

Do I need to send some sort of evidence or proof that I have had the H1-B extended, or will it suffice to write a short note saying that my company has filed the extension.

My worry is that they will think I am out of status. Any feedback much appreciated

Thanks!

Chris
Old May 28th 2004, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOS / Greencard question - Urgent

you do have a notice of receipt that the extension was filed, right? Plus, are you filing for AOS based on marriage or employment? if on marriage to a US citizen, then even if you fall out of status, it will be forgiven .
Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:38 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS / Greencard question - Urgent

Originally posted by LucyMO
you do have a notice of receipt that the extension was filed, right? Plus, are you filing for AOS based on marriage or employment? if on marriage to a US citizen, then even if you fall out of status, it will be forgiven .
Yes, I have a receipt for the extension. If that's good enough, then great. Thanks!