Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS - Forms - Who can I use as a witness?

AOS - Forms - Who can I use as a witness?

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:25 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough
Default AOS - Forms - Who can I use as a witness?

Hi,

When my wife and I sign the forms, do we need some sort of witness or notary?

Also, do the documents that I provide need to be signed or notarized in any way?

Can I send it photocopies of everything? (tax records, bank letter, letter of employment etc).

Thanks,

Chris
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:44 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS - Forms - Who can I use as a witness?

Originally posted by csf
Hi,

Also, do the documents that I provide need to be signed or notarized in any way?

Can I send it photocopies of everything? (tax records, bank letter, letter of employment etc).

Thanks,

Chris
Only the I-864 has to be notarized. Go to a bank and/or look in the yellow pages of your local phone book. Many real estate offices, drug stores (not those like duane read but private drug stores), law offices and many private individuals will do it for a small fee and have their numbers listed in the phone book under notary.

Rete
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:45 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by csf
Hi,

Thanks,

Chris
Send original petitions but quality copies of everything else.

And be sure to keep an exact copy of each petition and its supporting documentation for your records. Saves worry later when guessing did I include this or that.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:47 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
Send original petitions but quality copies of everything else.

And be sure to keep an exact copy of each petition and its supporting documentation for your records. Saves worry later when guessing did I include this or that.
Rete, when you say petitions, do you mean bank letter, letter of emp., tax records etc?

Thanks.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:30 am
Concierge

Originally posted by csf
Rete, when you say petitions, do you mean bank letter, letter of emp., tax records etc?

Thanks.
No when I say petitions I mean forms such as I-864, I-485, etc.

Everything else can be copies. If there are filing marks, registration marks, seals on any originals be sure the identifying marks are clear on the copies. Never send originals with documents, only copies and you will bring originals to the interview.