Wikiposts

AOS Forms

Old Jan 11th 2003, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Forms

Well we have now trawled through the various helpful sites concerning AOS forms but a number of questions still occur to us. I am pretty sure they have arisen before here, but maybe my "search" technique isnt sophisticated enough to find them!
We will be submitting, after our marriage on 16 February,
!-485
G-325A, and
!-864
(We wont be submitting for EAD or AP at this point..........its a long story and not particularly relevant.)

1.....the I 485 which we have downloaded quotes a filing fee of $225 but I am sure I have seen a later figure of $250
2...."current INS status".....I am assuming this is "non-immigrant alien"
3.....G325A...asks for "File number".........??? Is this the same as the "A number" required for the I-864 and if so is that the number shown on the K1 visa as "Axxxxxxxxxx"?
4.....Vaccinations...I have to have adult diptheria and tetanus jabs, is there any special format that proof of these vaccinations has to be submitted in?

And finally (well for now anyway........lol) i believe the fingerprint fee is now $50 although the latest INS forms still seem to quote $25. (I know K1s are supposed not to have submit this, but I have also seen RFEs reported when it hasnt been)

Sorry to repeat these questions as i am pretty sure they have come up before. Please put it down to a combination of senility and worry.
Old Jan 12th 2003, 3:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Forms

Originally posted by abba48uk
1.....the I 485 which we have downloaded quotes a filing fee of $225 but I am sure I have seen a later figure of $250

The fee is $225. I have not heard that it has been increased. You might want to call the 1-800 number for INS to verify. Giving them unwarranted credit, I don't think they can mess up that.

2...."current INS status".....I am assuming this is "non-immigrant alien"

Current status is K-1 Visaholder

3.....G325A...asks for "File number".........??? Is this the same as the "A number" required for the I-864 and if so is that the number shown on the K1 visa as "Axxxxxxxxxx"?

You don't have a file number

4.....Vaccinations...I have to have adult diptheria and tetanus jabs, is there any special format that proof of these vaccinations has to be submitted in?

This is form I-693 supplement. You need to see an INS appointed physician who will either verify that you have had these immunizations if you obtained them privately and bring proof or have them administer them.

And finally (well for now anyway........lol) i believe the fingerprint fee is now $50 although the latest INS forms still seem to quote $25. (I know K1s are supposed not to have submit this, but I have also seen RFEs reported when it hasnt been)

The fee for fingerprinting is indeed $50 and K-1 visaholders adjusting status do have to include it. There are only a few very INS local offices that don't require it so include it.

Sorry to repeat these questions as i am pretty sure they have come up before. Please put it down to a combination of senility and worry.
Rete
Old Jan 12th 2003, 6:39 am
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

Few days ago I received AOS package from INS. There was a little supplement with new prices for all different forms. I-485 increased to $255 and fingerprinting $50
Old Jan 12th 2003, 6:41 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ania
Few days ago I received AOS package from INS. There was a little supplement with new prices for all different forms. I-485 increased to $255 and fingerprinting $50
Thanks Ania. I will make note of the new price.

Rete
Old Jan 12th 2003, 9:15 am

photodude416 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure if this was answered but for the AOS for K-1s the "File Number" is your "A" number that you received. It should have been on your 2nd NOA Approval letter and written in your passport at the POE.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abba48uk

Last edited by photodude416; Jan 12th 2003 at 9:20 am.
Old Jan 12th 2003, 9:29 am
Concierge

[QUOTE]Originally posted by photodude416
I am not sure if this was answered but for the AOS for K-1s the "File Number" is your "A" number that you received. It should have been on your 2nd NOA Approval letter and written in your passport at the POE.

Originally posted by abba48uk
The A# is your alien registration number. That number is not a file number.

Rete
Old Jan 12th 2003, 1:12 pm

photodude416 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not trying to argue with you Rete but if you look at the G325A form where it says "File Number" it already has the letter "A" preprinted on the form.

And yes, the "A" number is your alien registration number but it is also your file number. When they pull up your "A" number they are pulling your file. Remember, this is for AOS not for the Fiance(e) petition.

Originally posted by Rete
The A# is your alien registration number. That number is not a file number.

Rete