Reload this Page >

AOS finally filed & very surprised how long it took

Wikiposts

AOS finally filed & very surprised how long it took

Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:17 pm
Petey's Playmate

PEACHSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS finally filed & very surprised how long it took

Monday my hubby & I headed to Bloomington so he could finally file for AOS on Tuesday. I have to say this experience surprised the both of us.

We arrived at the District office in Bloomington MN shortly after 4am & there were people already sitting there. We was 6th in line. By the time the doors open for us to go in there was one long line. Got in & waited some more which seemed forever. Then a security officer explained to us what the procedure was & that we could go downstairs shortly. More waiting. Finally the first 20 in line got to go. I have to say go thru that building is like going thru a maze, turn here turn there. LOL Stood in line some more & finally got to talk to the officer to tell them why we were there. Was given a number & sat down. We didnt have the special pictures my husband needed cause I was told could get them there. He went looking to find info on when he could get them done & was told by a security officer that it would be announced when the photographer would be there. We was also worried cause we knew they didnt accept cash & had money orders for the filings fees cept for the pics. I wasnt sure how many would be needed so I didnt get a money order. We was really worried cause of this they tell us to come back tomorrow. Other people was gettin called up for things & we sat there waiting for our number to be called. Our number was 201 & we was the first called.

Went up to the officer, handed him all our paperwork & he was skimming thru them quickly & mentioned where are the pictures. Told him we needed to get them & he told us to go get them done & come back to the window. BTW there was no annoucement that the photographer had arrived otherwise would have gotten them earlier. Got the pics done & headed back to the office & he was with another couple. Sat & waited some more & finally was able to go back to him. Gave him the pics, he had my husband sign this card & give his fingerprint & told him to come back to get his pic taken again. Comes out & told to wait for the cashier to call his name. After a short time wait he got called, got his instructions for the fingerprint appintment, paid the money orders & was given his EAD! The offcier didnt ask us anything regarding our paperwork & kept everything I submitted. I thought for sure he would ask us about the Affidavit of Support given the fact I am currently unemployed & we dont quite meet the 125% poverty level. I had also given him 2 of the contracts one with my name as spnsor & one with my moms name as sponsor cause I wasnt sure. I thought he would ask about that too but nothing.

What really blew my hubby & me away was the time we left there. This whole process was done by 9:05am! I thought for sure reading all the reports here who have filed in Bloomington that we be there till mid afternoon. We would have been done even sooner if Peter had his pics right away. I told my husband I picked the right day for us to go. This whole process was a breeze.

Just cant believe it. LOL

I felt sorry for one couple tho, they had filed for somthing dont know what cause I didnt hear everything but cost like 700 to file. Sent Nebraska a change of address & for some reason Nebraska never recieved there request. Sent them a letter to there old address about the petition which they never got so there petition was denied. From what I heard they now have to refile & pay that amount all over again.

I am so thankful that this process for my husband & me has been pretty good.