British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   AOS experience in SF.... almost got the greencard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/aos-experience-sf-almost-got-greencard-194646/)

katnap8 Dec 3rd 2003 4:29 am

AOS experience in SF.... almost got the greencard

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that we had our AOS interview today at the San Francisco office. The interview went well...he only asked to see Chris' passport, california photo id, I-94, EAD, SS card, my passport, my d.l., and a copy of my 2002 tax returns.

Included with our interview letter was an attachment for K1 adjusters to bring a photo of the US spouse, the foreign spouse birth certificate, the I-693 vaccination supplement, a new G-325 for the US spouse and a copy of the original I-129 F submission. He eventually asked for these documents towards the end of the interview. He did comment on how we were the only ones that had a packet ready for him but he didn't look at anything in the packet... and didn't bother looking at any of our originals. He did go over the I-485 application and made corrections as he went along. He also asked us a few questions on how we met, where we were married, who was present, what Chris does for a living, etc.

Like I said the interview went fine and we're approved ... HOWEVER !!! the approval is pending the return of Chris' fingerprints and the FBI clearance. For some strange reason they had no record of Chris having his fingerprints done, so I showed him the receipt and he tried pulling them up on his computer again then and there. Unfortunately, there was no record of them so he gave us another appointment letter and told us to go down to the office today on Broadway to have them redone. He said it should only take a couple of days for him to get a response and he would let us know soon. So, now we have to wait for the fingerprints and the FBI clearance but we have no idea how long the latter takes.

Since we're travelling to England in February we asked if we should get an AP which he commented we might need to. He said it should only take 10 days but we'll probably apply for one in early January if we don't hear back from them sooner.

Well... that's it. We would have been more excited if he had stamped his passport... cause now we just feel as if we're still in limbo.

Cheers,
Kat and Chris

reggiey Dec 3rd 2003 5:25 am

Re: AOS experience in SF.... almost got the greencard

Hi Katnap,

Thanks for letting us know about your SF AOS interview experience.

I can't believe that after that fiasco about not receiving your receipt last April that you have to go through this too. I'm so sorry!

I thought I read a thread here somewhere that mentions that there's a number you can call to check/verify if the fingerprint and FBI checks were already cleared. I'll do a search.

katnap8 Dec 3rd 2003 3:28 pm

Hi Reggiey,

I had no idea we were allowed to verify if the check was done. Would appreciate any info on how to go about doing it. Thanks again and good luck on your interview in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Kat and Chris

bao-long Dec 3rd 2003 4:10 pm

I am sorry Chris and you did not get the stamp. I really hope all this gets resolved by the end of the year and that you can put all that behind for the new one.

Cheers,

Bao-Long

Caro Dec 3rd 2003 5:43 pm

I am sorry to hear that. :( It was my understanding that the fingerprints were used for 2 types of checks (FBI=fast - order of magnitude=days, CIA=slow, order of magnitude=months). With the 1800 number, you can check the FBI part that takes usually like 1 day or so to complete. But it may be that the CIA ones will take longer.

I hope that you will hear from them soon, and be done with the AOS ASAP...

Caroline

chiapet Dec 3rd 2003 6:04 pm

congratulations!! I have a question though, we received our AOS receipt and I already have my EAD and AP - as well as the fingerprinting - when I submitted my AOS application I did include mu I-693 vaccination supplement - my next question is - do I need to provide them another I-693 vaccination supplement or even a medical? And where can I GET an affordable one here in the Bay Area? Thanks

katnap8 Dec 3rd 2003 7:07 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for your support. I guess now I'm confused...is the security clearance a much lengthier process than just the fingerprints... How do I check on the status of that, if possible?

Chiapet,

When we originally filed we sent in my husband's medical form he received at the KI interview in London. But then after reading some posts here we decided to do the I-693 after we submitted the paperwork in case they requested it in the future. Which they did. We went to the medical center at SFO and it costs us $20 for them to basically rewrite what was already written on Chris' medical form from London. However, in the long run it paid off to have it as he did request it at the interview.

Good luck with the rest of your process.

chiapet Dec 3rd 2003 7:29 pm

Thank you. Did you had to go through another medical though? I am really confused with it. Before me and my husband submitted our AOS application, we went to MEDICAL EXPRESS and I took two shots per the US EMBASSY in Manila instructions - my husband paid 120 for the shots that included a yellowish jacket filled with the doctor's signiture.Do you think this is enough or do I have to go through the same form that you guys did?