Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS experience, 99.9$ approved haha!

AOS experience, 99.9$ approved haha!

Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:49 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS experience, 99.9$ approved haha!

Hello everybody:

I am here to relate our AOS interview!

We arrived around 8:40 am, We took a sit while a ton of people started to come in, Mark and I though it was going to take ages, but it didn't, 10 minutes later officer Gibson called my name and lastnames with difficulty (I don't blame her!)
She directed us to her office and had us swear that the information provided or about to provide was all true, we said yes It is true in unison.

She took a look at my THICK file and asked did you guys meet while Maria was here on the VWP??, Mark said yes.

You were married in Spain, did you have a big wedding?, we said no, Mark added that he had to leave and it took forever to get married. She wasn't too interested in our pictures though.

She asked for a copy of our lease, I handed it to her, I had our health insurance, car insurance, copies of our SUV loan, bills, bank statements, I asked her if she wanted and she said: Ok, I had a fresh affidavit of support, she said I didn't need it but since we have already filed for 2005 I wanted to have an updated version, I also brought the supplement (I-864 A), she was quite impressed with my organized bin-folder hehe. She punched them and placed them into my file that was getting Ticker and ticker.

She asked if we had children Mark said yes, list their names and ages, she seemed satisfied when she glanced at my health insurance paper and saw the kids were covered by me. She didn't ask for birth certificates.

She mentioned I had my medical and I had all my immunizations, I told her I had a new one done and she said you didn't have to (It has been 2 years since I had it one), I told her Oh ok I was under the impression I needed one if my medical took place more than a year ago, she said you came on a K3 you are ok, she smiled and took my medical, I said to myself: You bet put that medical on my file, I didn't pay 150$ for nothing haha.

She did mentioned that I was denied entry back in 2002 but she wasn't too concerned, go figure!

And that was it!, she said I will be mailing the card to yada yada yada, I was all happy but then she mentioned that my fingerprints had not cleared yet, she said as soon as she receives them she will approve my case and give the order to send my green card, a 10 YEAR green card, then she explained I can become a citizen within 3 years and that the clock starts ticking upon approval.

I was very bummed because I needed the stamp to continue working, I took a personal leave at work because my work authorization expired on Feb 10th, I can tell she felt bad because she called the office where I got my last interim EAD and asked if there was something they could do, I was like oh great, they are helpless, luckily my EAD was approved on the 14th (even though the USCIS site says is pending), she gave a me a copy of my internal record from MSC and said to present it to my employee, she said that even if my EAD wasn't approved I should be able to work because I have proof that I filed for a new one. She also wrote a letter saying that I am pending approval due to national security check.

I am not 100% approved but I am close! I am happy as heck!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS experience, 99.9$ approved haha!

Heyyyy 99.9% Congratulations Hyper! You'll get the other .1% when you get your green card in the mail. LOL

Wow, what a nice Officer you had! Writing the letter and such. Very cool.

Hugs!
Rene
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:00 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Heyyyy 99.9% Congratulations Hyper! You'll get the other .1% when you get your green card in the mail. LOL

Wow, what a nice Officer you had! Writing the letter and such. Very cool.

Hugs!
Rene
Thanks girlie, you are the first to post yay
She wasn't very talkative but she was very polite and correct. I can't believe my EAD got approved just in time, thank God for that!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Thanks girlie, you are the first to post yay
She wasn't very talkative but she was very polite and correct. I can't believe my EAD got approved just in time, thank God for that!
Yay, great news gurl!!!
Now you just need to wait few days and 10 year card will be in your hands!
Your officer WAS very nice indeed!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:23 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
Yay, great news gurl!!!
Now you just need to wait few days and 10 year card will be in your hands!
Your officer WAS very nice indeed!

I don't want to bring doom and gloom to this festive table, but this could take more than a few days!

One of our sons - along with the rest of our family - was 'approved' in December, but his prints hadn't cleared. The officer told us that it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks - but we are STILL waiting (whereas everyone else has received their shiny GCs...). Our lawyer says it is anybody's guess how long it could take - could be days, weeks, months, ... even years.

Sorry to hear you were not approved outright, Tweeky! I hope you strike lucky and get your prints cleared soon.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:25 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Sorry to hear you were not approved outright, Tweeky! I hope you strike lucky and get your prints cleared soon.
Tweeky's husband could rattle their congressman's cage.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:26 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Tweeky's husband could rattle their congressman's cage.

We tried that. Not much they can do except 'enquire'
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:30 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
We tried that. Not much they can do except 'enquire'

The only thing I could guess is that there are probably a lot fewer immigration cases in Colorado v California. That might help.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:33 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by snowbunny
The only thing I could guess is that there are probably a lot fewer immigration cases in Colorado v California. That might help.

But the fingerprint/background checks are done centrally - as far as I know it's the FBI.

We went to our local CIS and they were very sympathetic but said it is out of their hands - F' all they can do...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

jeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud ofjeninifer has much to be proud of

Hello everybody:

We arrived around 8:40 am, We took a sit while a ton of people started to come in, Mark and I though it was going to take ages, but it didn't, 10 minutes later officer Gibson called my name and lastnames with difficulty (I don't blame her!)
She directed us to her office and had us swear that the information provided or about to provide was all true, we said yes It is true in unison.

She took a look at my THICK file and asked did you guys meet while Maria was here on the VWP??, Mark said yes.

You were married in Spain, did you have a big wedding?, we said no, Mark added that he had to leave and it took forever to get married. She wasn't too interested in our pictures though.

She asked for a copy of our lease, I handed it to her, I had our health insurance, car insurance, copies of our SUV loan, bills, bank statements, I asked her if she wanted and she said: Ok, I had a fresh affidavit of support, she said I didn't need it but since we have already filed for 2005 I wanted to have an updated version, I also brought the supplement (I-864 A), she was quite impressed with my organized bin-folder hehe. She punched them and placed them into my file that was getting Ticker and ticker.

She asked if we had children Mark said yes, list their names and ages, she seemed satisfied when she glanced at my health insurance paper and saw the kids were covered by me. She didn't ask for birth certificates.

She mentioned I had my medical and I had all my immunizations, I told her I had a new one done and she said you didn't have to (It has been 2 years since I had it one), I told her Oh ok I was under the impression I needed one if my medical took place more than a year ago, she said you came on a K3 you are ok, she smiled and took my medical, I said to myself: You bet put that medical on my file, I didn't pay 150$ for nothing haha.

She did mentioned that I was denied entry back in 2002 but she wasn't too concerned, go figure!

And that was it!, she said I will be mailing the card to yada yada yada, I was all happy but then she mentioned that my fingerprints had not cleared yet, she said as soon as she receives them she will approve my case and give the order to send my green card, a 10 YEAR green card, then she explained I can become a citizen within 3 years and that the clock starts ticking upon approval.

I was very bummed because I needed the stamp to continue working, I took a personal leave at work because my work authorization expired on Feb 10th, I can tell she felt bad because she called the office where I got my last interim EAD and asked if there was something they could do, I was like oh great, they are helpless, luckily my EAD was approved on the 14th (even though the USCIS site says is pending), she gave a me a copy of my internal record from MSC and said to present it to my employee, she said that even if my EAD wasn't approved I should be able to work because I have proof that I filed for a new one. She also wrote a letter saying that I am pending approval due to national security check.

Congrats, cutie!

We all knew you could do it! ;o)
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:59 pm
Sophie T

"Hypertweeky" <member13109@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> Heyyyy 99.9% Congratulations Hyper! You'll get the other .1% when you
    >> get your green card in the mail. LOL
    >> Wow, what a nice Officer you had! Writing the letter and such.
    >> Very cool.
    >> Hugs!
    >> Rene
    > Thanks girlie, you are the first to post yay:)
    > She wasn't very talkative but she was very polite and correct. I can't
    > believe my EAD got approved just in time, thank God for that!
    > :)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Glad to hear it went well--hope you get your card soon! (I don't post a
lot, but I READ a lot, and I often get a laugh reading your
posts!--thanks!!) :-)

Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:59 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

Congratulations, Tweeky! I didn't know you had your interview today, but it looks like it still turned out okay even without my blessings.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:00 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Hebapotamus42
Congratulations, Tweeky! I didn't know you had your interview today, but it looks like it still turned out okay even without my blessings.

But she hasn't actually got the GC!!!

Her prints haven't cleared...
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:14 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everybody:

Well done Hyper
Doesnt it feel great walking out of that building knowing youve almost passed the last hurdle & your GC isnt far away now?
Fingers toes & everything else crossed that your security check comes back real quick. Have to wonder why they dont hold off on the actual interview until the security check is complete but then at least this way youve passed another milestone without any further delays.
Good on girlie. Glad to hear that your feeling happy & why not after this long & winding road youve travelled to reach this stage.
Congrats

Hugs
Cindy
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Denver do not stamp passports, how long has it been since you had your Biometrics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.