AOS Evidence & Tax Returns

Wikiposts

AOS Evidence & Tax Returns

Old Jan 4th 2003, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Almost_Texanish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Evidence & Tax Returns

Hi,

I am a UKC married to a USC since May 2001. We just received our AOS appointment letter in the mail for January 30, 2003. My first question is will we need the 2002 tax return or will '99, '00 and '01 be sufficient since the year has just ended? Also my husband became self-employed at the end of August so we will have no letter of employment. How do we explain his earnings without a 2002 tax return?

Also, we have a daughter who will have just turned 1 two days before the interview. Is it recommended that we take her as 'evidence' or are family photos and her birth certificate more appropriate? I've heard that some INS offices don't allow children inside (we are using the Harlingen, TX office).

As far as other evidence, we have joint car insurance; joint personal and business bank accounts; one joint credit card; expired health cards showing we had joint health insurance (though they are now expired as the coverage ended when we became self-employed); I have Power of Attorney over all aspects of my husbands life; greeting cards addressed to both of us from both sides of the family; family photos; one CHILD!

We don't have my name on any utilities or the house mortgage but can produce photocopies of checks I've written to pay these bills.

Would an affidavit from my mother-in-law and my dad (who happens to be visiting from England at the time of the interview) be helpful? What should they say in these letters?

On the letter we received it didn't have a check list of evidence to provide so any other ideas are welcome.

One last thing, it says I need to bring proof of shot history. I asked my doctors in England to send me a list of all the shots I had had and the dates I received them but when I took that paper the INS medical examiner (when I had my original medical) they said it wasn't official enough. How do I prove that I've had these shots? According to the immunization paper my English doctor gave me I've had the childhood Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Measles and Rubella. Is there anything else I would need? And would it delay a stamp in my passport if I don't have them?

Thanks for any help/advice.