Reload this Page >

AOS and EAD in Jacksonville

Wikiposts

AOS and EAD in Jacksonville

Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS and EAD in Jacksonville

Two questions and one piece of information to share regarding the Adjustment of Status and Employment Authorization in Jacksonville, Florida.

1. Does anyone know whether Jacksonville requires an approved I-130 before permitting filing and/or adjudicating a Peition for Change of Status for K3/K4 visa holders?

2. If an EAD is not issued within 90 days and my wife applies for a temporary authorization in person at the Jax office, will we be required to pay another $110 for the temporary authorization card.

As for the information.....In the Notice of Action we received from Missouri after submitting the applicaton for the employment authorization, my wife was instructed to call the national 800 number to make an appointment for biometrics. Day after Day I called the number early in the morning (as the national service center suggested) and each day I was told there were no appointments available anywhere in the State of Florida, Georgia or Alabama.

After receiving assistance from someone in the Florida Congressional delegation, my wife was instructed to simply go to the local office with the NOA1 from MSC and my wife could get her biometrics completed.

When we arrived at the local office, the security guard told us that there was such a problem with the appointment process through the 800 number that people were being told to just show up without an appointment at any time and the office would complete the biometrics.

Dad of 3
Old Mar 24th 2004, 3:27 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS and EAD in Jacksonville

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Two questions and one piece of information to share regarding the Adjustment of Status and Employment Authorization in Jacksonville, Florida.

1. Does anyone know whether Jacksonville requires an approved I-130 before permitting filing and/or adjudicating a Peition for Change of Status for K3/K4 visa holders?

2. If an EAD is not issued within 90 days and my wife applies for a temporary authorization in person at the Jax office, will we be required to pay another $110 for the temporary authorization card.

As for the information.....In the Notice of Action we received from Missouri after submitting the applicaton for the employment authorization, my wife was instructed to call the national 800 number to make an appointment for biometrics. Day after Day I called the number early in the morning (as the national service center suggested) and each day I was told there were no appointments available anywhere in the State of Florida, Georgia or Alabama.

After receiving assistance from someone in the Florida Congressional delegation, my wife was instructed to simply go to the local office with the NOA1 from MSC and my wife could get her biometrics completed.

When we arrived at the local office, the security guard told us that there was such a problem with the appointment process through the 800 number that people were being told to just show up without an appointment at any time and the office would complete the biometrics.

Dad of 3
Hey Dad of 3!
Long time no post How is marriage life?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...le/aboutus.htm

2)If the USCIS does not approve or deny your Employment Authorization Document application within 90 days, you may request an interim Employment Authorization Document. You must go to your local USCIS office and bring with you proof of your identity and any documents that USCIS has sent you about your employment authorization application..

Good Luck!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:59 pm
capt. kirk

great to hear from you again

Dad of 3

Old Mar 24th 2004, 10:23 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Dad of 3
No more monies need to be paid for an interim EAD if you've already paid the 110 bucks for the "real" EAD.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jacksonville Office

Originally posted by capt. kirk
great to hear from you again

Thank you Captain Kirk and it is good to have some time to be posting. While this is a very poor excuse i know, it has been very hectic with a new marriage, three kids, a full time job and the only driver in the family. So last night I decided to stay up and see what was going on.

Anyway, thanks for the info on the EAD temorary. Is there anyone else out there that has filed and AOS with Jacksonville within the last 6-8 months???

Take it easy all.
dad of 3

P.S. I did do a search on on posts for the Jacksonville office and many of the posts talked about how professional and helpful the immigration staff and support staff were at that office. I have had two opportunities to do business with the Jacksonvile office in the last three years. Based upon my experiences, I agree 100%. We are very lucky we live in that office's area of service.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dad of 3 After receiving assistance from someone in the Florida Congressional delegation, my wife was instructed to simply go to the local office with the NOA1 from MSC and my wife could get her biometrics completed.
Dad of 3
Hi Dad of 3!

Hope everything worked out for your wife's EAD.

I have question..who did you contact for assistance? I've been asking Senator Graham's office regarding my AOS but I have yet to wait for answers. It's been 5 months since I sent that letter and they told me they gonna inquire on my case.

Thanks and Good luck!