Wikiposts

AOS DORA Timeline?

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

bradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant future
Cool AOS DORA Timeline?

Hi,

I had my AOS interview at the DORA office in Dallas on 05th May 2005. On my reciept it states that my applications were recieved on 20th May, i have already had my fingerprints taken and approved (approved on 29th June)..My question is - when does the 90 day timeframe start from? Does it start from teh day i had my interview or does it start from the date they recieved the application (20th MAy)??

Many thanks
Bradg
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS DORA Timeline?

Originally Posted by bradg
Hi,

I had my AOS interview at the DORA office in Dallas on 05th May 2005. On my reciept it states that my applications were recieved on 20th May, i have already had my fingerprints taken and approved (approved on 29th June)..My question is - when does the 90 day timeframe start from? Does it start from teh day i had my interview or does it start from the date they recieved the application (20th MAy)??

Many thanks
Bradg

????

How did they receive your petition after your interview? Didn't you bring it with you to the interview itself?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:00 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many thanks
Bradg
Hi Bradg,

How strange that they'd receive your applications after your interview date? And also, not sure what 90 days you are referring to...usually 90 day time frame only applies to receiving an EAD...but then again, I'm not familiar with DORA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

bradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant futurebradg has a brilliant future
Cool Re: AOS DORA Timeline?

HI Rete,

Thanks for the response, yes i took my application etc with me to the interview on the 05th May, so this is the physical date they recieved it. Could the 20th May be the date that teh processing centre (MSC) recieved the petition???

Bradg

Originally Posted by Rete
????

How did they receive your petition after your interview? Didn't you bring it with you to the interview itself?
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future

HI Rete,

Thanks for the response, yes i took my application etc with me to the interview on the 05th May, so this is the physical date they recieved it. Could the 20th May be the date that teh processing centre (MSC) recieved the petition???

Bradg
I think the 90 days is supposed to be from the date of the interview.
I also think they are supposed to let you know if they are unable to process it within that time.

CF
Old Jul 11th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: AOS DORA Timeline?

Hey Control freak,

thanks for the response. Hope it is from that date...

If you look at the thread "EAD Approved today!" 2 people have just had theirs approved today which is great news and gives me a bit of faith that mine will also be within the 90 days...heres hoping.

You have your interview soon, good luck and let me know how you get on.

Bradg

Originally Posted by ControlFreak
I think the 90 days is supposed to be from the date of the interview.
I also think they are supposed to let you know if they are unable to process it within that time.

CF
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

ControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant futureControlFreak has a brilliant future

You have your interview soon, good luck and let me know how you get on.

Bradg
Thanks! It's on Monday - the panic is just beginning to set in!!

From the DORA experiences that I've read about I would guess that in the next couple of weeks you should receive a letter telling you that your GC is in the mail. I think that the average time from interview to actually getting the GC is 83 days.

Out of interest, when did you receive the receipt?

CF
Old Jul 12th 2005, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

if i recall i got the reciepts about 2 - weeks after the interview..

good luck on monday, let me know how you get on.

bradg

Originally Posted by ControlFreak
Thanks! It's on Monday - the panic is just beginning to set in!!

From the DORA experiences that I've read about I would guess that in the next couple of weeks you should receive a letter telling you that your GC is in the mail. I think that the average time from interview to actually getting the GC is 83 days.

Out of interest, when did you receive the receipt?

CF