Reload this Page >

AOS, don't yet have "vaccination supplement"

Wikiposts

AOS, don't yet have "vaccination supplement"

Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:23 pm
J Moreno

Default AOS, don't yet have "vaccination supplement"

Do we need to make an appointment and have this done now, or does it
just have to be done before the interview?

--
J. Moreno

Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:44 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS, don't yet have "vaccination supplement"

Originally Posted by J Moreno

--
J. Moreno
To my understanding there is no time limit on the supplement, just the medical. The medical has to be one year old or less AT THE TIME OF FILING FOR AOS (not the interview).

For the supplement, you must go to an approved civil surgeon in the US off the USCIS website. Call around, because prices vary, and don't let them talk you into a whole new medical if you meet the one year timeline. If you have a vaccination worksheet from your original medical from your country of origin, take that with for proof that you are "shotted up". Then all they have to do is sign off on the supplement.

ALSO----ask them to make you a photocopy of the supplement before they seal the original in an envelope for the interview. That way you have one for your records. Hope this helps.

~SecretGarden
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:30 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J Moreno

--
J. Moreno
The i-485 instructions say to send the supplement in with the application. I read on here a couple of weeks ago where someone got an RFE for not including it. However, many people do not include it and do not get an RFE, and just bring it to the interview.

It is pretty fast and easy to do, so we are going to send it in with the application after getting a copy of it from the doctor for our records. I just hope they dont loose it before the interview.

Good Luck!
Marnee
Old Feb 11th 2005, 5:32 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
The i-485 instructions say to send the supplement in with the application.
Marnee

Hi Marnee,
Actually I think it depends on the district office. I do know that Jenney and Mark (who were in Virginia, please correct me if I'm wrong!) did not need a new medical OR a supplement. My caveat would be, if it lists it on your interview letter, bring it, no matter what it is or how hard it is to get.

~SecretGarden
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:56 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi Marnee,
Actually I think it depends on the district office. I do know that Jenney and Mark (who were in Virginia, please correct me if I'm wrong!) did not need a new medical OR a supplement. My caveat would be, if it lists it on your interview letter, bring it, no matter what it is or how hard it is to get.

~SecretGarden
Yep, you got it right. Our district office, Norfolk, did not require a medical nor vaccination supplement when we filed for AOS. However, the instructions were still unclear over whether he'd need a vaccination supplement for the actual interview -- especially since the USCIS's own website says that if you're filing for AOS within one year of having a medical exam (which we were) then none was needed. We wrote Norfolk a letter asking for clarification, and got a written response that no, Mark did NOT need a new vaccination supplement.

As it happens, during our AOS interview I asked the interviewer about that -- why did other offices continue to routinely require a vaccination supplement when it isn't needed -- and she said a memo had gone out a few months before our interview (June 2003) to all district offices advising them that they did NOT need the vaccination supplement for all applicants. She seemed to sort of roll her eyes at this, in a sort of "I can't believe how inept this organization is" way.

When in doubt, follow the instructions. If the instructions aren't clear, then ask for clarification. Spending 37 cents to send that letter probably saved us hundreds of dollars!

~ Jenney
Old Feb 12th 2005, 12:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hi Marnee,

~SecretGarden
and all that might change once the district office is using the Chicago lockbox for initial filing. Chicago might adhere to the instruction sheet that says the supplement is to be included.