Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Covering letter Assistance - K1 Journey

Wikiposts

AOS Covering letter Assistance - K1 Journey

Old Jul 10th 2010, 2:55 pm

Long_Islander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Covering letter Assistance - K1 Journey

Hello to everyone who is now in the position of having taken the journey, through the U.K stages of the K1 visa, and finds themselves on U.S soil. Well done!

You are hopefully putting together your AOS package. Or at least thinking about it. If so please read the following attachment. It may help.

David
Attached Files
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Covering letter Assistance - K1 Journey

Originally Posted by Long_Islander
Hello to everyone who is now in the position of having taken the journey, through the U.K stages of the K1 visa, and finds themselves on U.S soil. Well done!

You are hopefully putting together your AOS package. Or at least thinking about it. If so please read the following attachment. It may help.

David
hello David
thanks for this - really useful!! Im quite a long way away from that stage - just had petition 129F approved.
I'm being hopeful and looking ahead so you have helped a lot!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For newbies, covering letters are not necessary and/or required when filing your forms for adjustment of status. It is for your benefit that you have included the letter, not for the benefit of the person opening your package, reviewing your package for completeness and separating your check for deposit.

So you if you have not included one (for previous filers) then don't be worried.

To the OP: Congratulations on your submission and approval.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 5:02 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Is a copy of the I-797C approval notice (NOA2) required with the I-485?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Rete
For newbies, covering letters are not necessary and/or required when filing your forms for adjustment of status. It is for your benefit that you have included the letter, not for the benefit of the person opening your package, reviewing your package for completeness and separating your check for deposit.

So you if you have not included one (for previous filers) then don't be worried.

To the OP: Congratulations on your submission and approval.
Thanks for your comments and observations. As you say it's down to the individual as to how they present the AOS package. I submitted my post for anyone who may find it useful, and wish to include a cover letter.

Last edited by Long_Islander; Jul 11th 2010 at 11:11 am. Reason: added letter
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Is a copy of the I-797C approval notice (NOA2) required with the I-485?
Possibly not, but it did no harm, and was no inconvenience including it.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 2:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Long_Islander
Possibly not, but it did no harm, and was no inconvenience including it.
Oh, I know it's supposed to be included... I must've missed it in your list.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 2:58 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It was in the list. But interesting that it and a number of other things were identified as associated with the G-325A, when in fact those things - and the G-325A - are associated with the I-485.

Regards, JEff

Oh, I know it's supposed to be included... I must've missed it in your list.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
It was in the list. But interesting that it and a number of other things were identified as associated with the G-325A, when in fact those things - and the G-325A - are associated with the I-485.

Regards, JEff
hmm, that's why I usually avoid 'list' posts.. I glaze over too much.
Thanks for the extra eyes.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 4:38 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I usually avoid 'list' posts myself, and I avoided this one too until I saw the oblique way that you brought up the Approval Notice - I liked that!

Then I don't know what made me examine the list itself, and I noticed the mis-guided way the list referenced the G-325A and other I-130 supporting materials.

Cheers, JEff

hmm, that's why I usually avoid 'list' posts.. I glaze over too much.
Thanks for the extra eyes.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:58 am

O'bleeker & o'bleeker, that's what old age is doing to me.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:25 am

Regards, JEff
Thanks for your post Jeff
Old Jul 13th 2010, 1:27 am

I usually avoid 'list' posts myself, and I avoided this one too until I saw the oblique way that you brought up the Approval Notice - I liked that!

Then I don't know what made me examine the list itself, and I noticed the mis-guided way the list referenced the G-325A and other I-130 supporting materials.

Cheers, JEff
Thanks Jeff

I get your message

David