British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   AOS Complete... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/aos-complete-58294/)

brianr Dec 27th 2001 3:20 pm

WOO HOO!!!!

Just got back from another 2am session outside the Dallas INS office. This one should be the last one in a long time as both my son and I got our I-551 stamps this time.

The INS officer wrote "VOID" through both our K-1 and K-2 visas in big letters as she said that the green cards themselves would take up to a year to get to us!

Anyway, that's it for AOS, now for lifting those conditions, but we got a nice long wait (NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE INS TIME) before we even think about that little activity ;)

Brian.

Druyan Jan 2nd 2002 6:13 am

Hi

Tried to email you my question but it didn't work.

Did you have to provide vaccination info at the Dallas interview? We have to do ours
over the next couple weeks.

Thanks!

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

brianr Jan 2nd 2002 8:05 pm

>Tried to email you my question but it didn't work.

Huh? Others have managed it, so no idea why it didn't work for you. What happened when you tried to send?

>Did you have to provide vaccination info

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: We showed the forms that the doctor in the UK completed (they are proper INS forms, not some locally produced stuff) when we were in the K-1 interview process. All the INS officer at Dallas wanted to see was that we had them, not the details of exactly what was on them. Once she had seen we had the shot records with us, she just ticked a box on her form and we moved onto the next topic.

Brian.

Druyan Jan 2nd 2002 9:30 pm

Well, they took my medical when I went through customs so I don't have it anymore.
INS now has all that info. Guess I need to go see another doc.

[usenetquote2]> >Tried to email you my question but it didn't work.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >Did you have to provide vaccination info[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Donna Maindrault Jan 2nd 2002 9:41 pm

>
    >
    >

If you're concerned, ask the doctor for a copy. In the US, at least, doctors are
required to give you a copy of any medical records they have on request. You could
then tell any future INS official who asks for it that you surrendered the original
to an INS offical who asked for it, and offer them the copy.

-Donna

Jememennie Jan 2nd 2002 9:51 pm

Congratulations. I'm with you on the happiness and relief of not having to deal with the INS for a couple of years. :D

best wishes, Jennie (new conditional permanent resident) :)