AOS in Casper Wy

Old Nov 28th 2001, 11:39 am
Cmagill

Yesterday travelled to Casper for my AOS interview. All went very well except that
the brown envelope has not made it there. This meant that the officer had everything
he needed but my Medical file verifying that I had all the proper immunizations.
Therefore no approval. This is not a big problem though! I have to find my record of
immunizations( WE have removed alot of stuff to storage) and mail them. He will then
approve the file and send it off. He is doing something special for me in the mean
time so that I can travel without the greencard and also not have to go back for the
stamp in my passport. He will be using my photos and INS office stamps to make me up
an identification card that I will be able to use untill I receive the greencard. I
asume it will be similar to the EAD( which I also still have). He was really great.
The INS office in Casper has been empty both times I have been there. No lines , no
waiting and very personal service.

I am glad I had my filed transferred from Denver to here. They asked for very little
evidence and asked only a couple of questions. I was the only one interviewed. My
husband waited in the lobby. He was going to interview us seperately but I think it
is very evident that itis not a sham marriage and so did not even interview my
husband(the USC). Just as we shook hands with him goodbye at the door, I realized
that neither my husband or myself were wearing our wedding rings. We have been
building a house and had forgotten to put them back on.

All in all a very easy time.

Jill(Jackson WY)

K1 filed Sept 1999 Visa Dec 1999 Vancouver B.C. Crossed in Jan 2000( Blaine) Married
in FEb 2000 AOS filed May 2000 AOS Interview Nov 27 2001

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Old Nov 28th 2001, 12:19 pm
Laura Todd

jill, i'm engaged to a USC, i live in vancouver right now and i'm in between the NOA
and consulate interview stage of things. a question about your vancouver interview:
what was the timeframe between sending your checklist/bio form off to the consulate
and then receiving the interview date? things are probably a little slower these
days. thanks laura

>
    >

Old Sep 19th 2002, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Cindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up AOS in Casper

Originally posted by Cmagill:
Yesterday travelled to Casper for my AOS interview. All went very well except that
the brown envelope has not made it there. This meant that the officer had everything
he needed but my Medical file verifying that I had all the proper immunizations.
Therefore no approval. This is not a big problem though! I have to find my record of
immunizations( WE have removed alot of stuff to storage) and mail them. He will then
approve the file and send it off. He is doing something special for me in the mean
time so that I can travel without the greencard and also not have to go back for the
stamp in my passport. He will be using my photos and INS office stamps to make me up
an identification card that I will be able to use untill I receive the greencard. I
asume it will be similar to the EAD( which I also still have). He was really great.
The INS office in Casper has been empty both times I have been there. No lines , no
waiting and very personal service.

I am glad I had my filed transferred from Denver to here. They asked for very little
evidence and asked only a couple of questions. I was the only one interviewed. My
husband waited in the lobby. He was going to interview us seperately but I think it
is very evident that itis not a sham marriage and so did not even interview my
husband(the USC). Just as we shook hands with him goodbye at the door, I realized
that neither my husband or myself were wearing our wedding rings. We have been
building a house and had forgotten to put them back on.

All in all a very easy time.

Jill(Jackson WY)

K1 filed Sept 1999 Visa Dec 1999 Vancouver B.C. Crossed in Jan 2000( Blaine) Married
in FEb 2000 AOS filed May 2000 AOS Interview Nov 27 2001

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Jill, are you still out there? I am curious how you went about this, I am in Gillette, Wy and am waiting for my AOS through Denver, I applied last year in August. If I could do this in Casper, it would be AWESOME!! Do you know if I can go to Casper to renew my EAD and my AP also? Both are about to expire and I haven't heard a word aout my AOS, so I figure I better get them renewed, a trip to Casper instead of Denver would be great! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much
Cindy