Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS case status had updated, but a problem...

AOS case status had updated, but a problem...

Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS case status had updated, but a problem...

Hi all

It looks like my AOS case was "touched" yesterday, but when I click the link to view the status it says:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I am still waiting for my case to be approved due to "administrative error".

Has this happened to anyone else?
Cheers
Peter
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:16 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS case status had updated, but a problem...

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hi all

It looks like my AOS case was "touched" yesterday, but when I click the link to view the status it says:

"The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center."

I am still waiting for my case to be approved due to "administrative error".

Cheers
Peter

Actually, yes. And it was the day before it said "This case has been approved."

~SecretGarden
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Phurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the roughPhurchuluh is a jewel in the rough

when I click the link to view the status it says:

Yes,
Same thing happened to my Receipt Number online.
Then, after 3-4 days, I got a letter from them stating that the greencard was issued, and then in few days I got the greencard.
I could not beleive the first letter, I was waiting for invitation to AOS interview, but there was no interview conducted.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Now you both have me excited!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:09 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Now you both have me excited!
heh....I was afraid of that.......

Take our observations with a grain of salt, because as you know, nothing with USCIS is a sure thing or consistent.

Good luck though, and let us know if it changes! (or if you get a nice card in the mail....)

~SG
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am a naturally sceptical person (I investigate fraud for a living), but I still hold a glimmer of hope. It would be about bloody time!

Originally Posted by SecretGarden

Take our observations with a grain of salt, because as you know, nothing with USCIS is a sure thing or consistent.

Good luck though, and let us know if it changes! (or if you get a nice card in the mail....)

~SG
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

BTW I like your flag- can you even buy them over here?

~SG
Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:32 pm
The Missus

Hi,
Bought it off E-Bay. A company called "American Flag Company" if I remember correctly. They have them listed as "buy it now" for about $7.00 or so.

It's called the "Grand Union Flag" and was actually used for about two years before the Stars And Stripes.

Do a search for Grand Union Flag on E-bay and there you have it!

~SG
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wish I'd had it for the 4th of July!

Hi,
Bought it off E-Bay. A company called "American Flag Company" if I remember correctly. They have them listed as "buy it now" for about $7.00 or so.

It's called the "Grand Union Flag" and was actually used for about two years before the Stars And Stripes.

Do a search for Grand Union Flag on E-bay and there you have it!

~SG
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Its a historical flag from the American Revolution which pre-dates the "Stars & Stripes". It is called the "Grand Union Flag" -- Google "grand union flag sales" and you'll get many listings on where to get it.

Do note that the Union Jack field is missing one of the crosses [the red "x" one -- I don't know the name of that one].
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:52 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Do note that the Union Jack field is missing one of the crosses [the red "x" one -- I don't know the name of that one].
That would be St Patrick which bizarrely isn't a flag in Ireland.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey you guys, see my other thread- my AOS was approved!!!!!

Actually, yes. And it was the day before it said "This case has been approved."

~SecretGarden
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, the case status updated today:

This case has been approved. On July 18, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Hey you guys, see my other thread- my AOS was approved!!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:29 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, the case status updated today:

This case has been approved. On July 18, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Marnee
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!!!!!!

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Marnee