Wikiposts

AOS Case Denial

Old Aug 26th 2004, 12:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Case Denial

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Seems a little like overkill to me, although I don't have any problems with your HIV test cautionary recommendation.

Well now, since I'm an old married woman, you can rest easy. I won't be asking you for your test results ;-)

Look at it this way, a little overkill will keep you from being killed.

Rita
Old Aug 26th 2004, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough

Yeah Rete still trying to take all of it in right now will probably take me a couple of days for it too really hit me. Once it does then I will be able to deal with this alot better then I am right now. But as I said I will be contacting the charities tomorrow. I also emailed the AILA and a gentlemen got back to me saying that he doesn't think there is an immigration attorney in Houston that will take payments instead of the money upfront. So that is a no go for right now.

Originally Posted by Rete
Well now, since I'm an old married woman, you can rest easy. I won't be asking you for your test results ;-)

Look at it this way, a little overkill will keep you from being killed.

Rita
Old Aug 26th 2004, 3:17 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittya2004
Yeah Rete still trying to take all of it in right now will probably take me a couple of days for it too really hit me. Once it does then I will be able to deal with this alot better then I am right now. But as I said I will be contacting the charities tomorrow. I also emailed the AILA and a gentlemen got back to me saying that he doesn't think there is an immigration attorney in Houston that will take payments instead of the money upfront. So that is a no go for right now.
If this was someone from AILA HQ telling you this, I don't know how he could possibly know that. They have no idea (AILA) what I charge for my services, or the fact that I let clients make payments quite often (when a client need this).

Tell you what; I would be happy to spend a few minutes with you on the phone, looking in my AILA directory, in order to give you the names and numbers of a few AILA members in your area you can call directly to see if they can help you (and their fees and payment options).

I'm going home now, but try me tomorrow afternoon, Pacific time, and I'll be happy to do this for you.

(626) 229-9799
Old Aug 26th 2004, 3:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray think it is time to finally take your advise and go home.
I really do think after the shock of all this wears off you can regroup and be happy again.. and your homeland is the best place ... back to sealed lips..
But try Mr Udall first ..he is a good guy...
Old Aug 26th 2004, 3:34 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: AOS Case Denial

If this was someone from AILA HQ telling you this, I don't know how he could possibly know that. They have no idea (AILA) what I charge for my services, or the fact that I let clients make payments quite often (when a client need this).

Tell you what; I would be happy to spend a few minutes with you on the phone, looking in my AILA directory, in order to give you the names and numbers of a few AILA members in your area you can call directly to see if they can help you (and their fees and payment options).

I'm going home now, but try me tomorrow afternoon, Pacific time, and I'll be happy to do this for you.

(626) 229-9799

Oh sweet Mathew!!
I have learned a lot about relationships in this thread!, Thank you very much!!
I never though you could use his sexuality to get a green card!
Kittya I hope you get the help you deserve!!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 4:01 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Oh sweet Mathew!!
I have learned a lot about relationships in this thread!, Thank you very much!!
I never though you could use his sexuality to get a green card!
Kittya I hope you get the help you deserve!!
Well, I don't know if she can use this either, but I can see an argument being made that this is extreme cruelty (of course, whether that argument will be persuasive is another matter entirely). It would really depend on evidence, and how this has affected her. In this sort of situation, a report from a qualified counselor, diagnosing the damage this might have caused her, might be valuable. I'll probably tell her to call one particular agency first, that deals with lots of battered spouse cases as they will probably know right off the bat if this sort of argument has been successfully used before. And again, I would think one has to take into consideration the damages caused to her, not just the cruelty exhibited by him.

OK, now I'm really going home!
Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so very much Mr Udall and I have noted down your number and will contact you as advised.

Thank you again

Well, I don't know if she can use this either, but I can see an argument being made that this is extreme cruelty (of course, whether that argument will be persuasive is another matter entirely). It would really depend on evidence, and how this has affected her. In this sort of situation, a report from a qualified counselor, diagnosing the damage this might have caused her, might be valuable. I'll probably tell her to call one particular agency first, that deals with lots of battered spouse cases as they will probably know right off the bat if this sort of argument has been successfully used before. And again, I would think one has to take into consideration the damages caused to her, not just the cruelty exhibited by him.

OK, now I'm really going home!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 12:46 am
Just Joined

rchan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new to this forum (just started the DCF process from Madrid for my spouse, I am a USC). And I felt so touched by your story, I'm so sorry that your situtation is as it is.

If this helps, here are my two cents worth. Since you are married, I think there may be a possiblilty that you can get a waiver if you can prove that your spouse has treated you badly (physically, abandonment etc.). This will probably require $$$ to hire an attorney and to produce evidence of abuse, if any.

I do know in recent years that the US has gotten very serious about abused spouses that are not USCs(and by abused I don't mean necessarily physcial. Mental, emotional, abandonment are also considered equally).

Here is the website to look into. Read it through. I think this could help you. There is even a deffered deportation clause, if you have overstayed.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/battered.htm

Best,
Renée

Inquisitive40 yes the reason for denial is as in the picture each time my husband was evicted from where he was lving I filed the required AR11 and USCIS never updated it and I got this letter only yesterday from the immigration lady at Houston USCIS. it is dated april 26th 2004 and only gave me 30 days to appeal and since I only got it yesterday there may be a chance that I can motion to reopen the case I am not sure. But here is a portion of the letter that I scanned.
Old Aug 27th 2004, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so very much rchan I was given this imformation a while ago by " lips sealed " gentlemen Ray lol. But they say it can never hurt to be given advise again and i sincerly thank you again. Ray that was not by any means a stab at you either.

Originally Posted by rchan
I'm new to this forum (just started the DCF process from Madrid for my spouse, I am a USC). And I felt so touched by your story, I'm so sorry that your situtation is as it is.

If this helps, here are my two cents worth. Since you are married, I think there may be a possiblilty that you can get a waiver if you can prove that your spouse has treated you badly (physically, abandonment etc.). This will probably require $$$ to hire an attorney and to produce evidence of abuse, if any.

I do know in recent years that the US has gotten very serious about abused spouses that are not USCs(and by abused I don't mean necessarily physcial. Mental, emotional, abandonment are also considered equally).

Here is the website to look into. Read it through. I think this could help you. There is even a deffered deportation clause, if you have overstayed.

Best,
Renée
Old Aug 27th 2004, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

rchan i don't think any of that pertains to me but thank you again anyways.

Originally Posted by rchan

Best,
Renée
Old Aug 27th 2004, 11:56 am
Banned

Thank you so very much Mr Udall and I have noted down your number and will contact you as advised.

Thank you again
If you want to call today for the names and numbers, please do so soon. I want to leave the office a little early today and won't be here much longer.
Old Aug 27th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

It was very nice chatting to you today Mr Udall and I almost feel guilty for not having a pen on me at the time I called, i should've been home instead of out and I am sorry for that. I will call again tomorrow this time at home with a pen in my hand. Again Sir thank you

If you want to call today for the names and numbers, please do so soon. I want to leave the office a little early today and won't be here much longer.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Sorry Mr Udall I meant to contact you again on Monday I got my days mixed up. Have a nice day anyway

Old Aug 30th 2004, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Udall thank you so very much for the number you provided for me, I will try them first thing in the morning and see what they say.

Again from the bottom of my heart thank you. I know you said it may not help but as I said anything right now avaiable to me is better then having what I have right now which is virtually nothing.

Your a good man and god bless
Old Aug 30th 2004, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Udall thank you so very much for the number you provided for me, I will try them first thing in the morning and see what they say.

Again from the bottom of my heart thank you. I know you said it may not help but as I said anything right now available to me is better then having nothing.

Your a good man and god bless