Wikiposts

AOS Can't make it

Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AOS Can't make it

Originally Posted by inquisitive40
As Rene pointed out, the original poster is not the immigrant, it is her husband BUT all your points just outline what everyone has said GO TO THE INTERVIEW.
Patrick
Oh, thanks for pointing that out. Scratch point # 4 then.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:15 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Jewels,

Nebraska Service Center? The service centers don't do interviews...

Other than that, listen to what the other responders have told you.

Regards, JEff

You might have filed there but.. after the case is approved it goes to your local office.. isn't that how it works people??
Anyway Good Luck to the OP.. and I hope you father gets better!!!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
after the case is approved it goes to your local office.. isn't that how it works people??
I think JEff and I already commented on that.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:26 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
I think JEff and I already commented on that.

Opps I missed your post!, sorry!!
See ya later Mr Woodpecker!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Opps I missed your post!, sorry!!
See ya later Mr Woodpecker!
Don't let it happen again Mrs. Cow! And, by the way, I'm a sapsucker.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Don't let it happen again Mrs. Cow! And, by the way, I'm a sapsucker.
Sapsucker?? LOL.. Ok, I don't think I have ever seen one, Isn't a sapsucker one of the 3 types of sphyrapicus??
So you have got a yellow belly huh??
Have a nice weekend!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Nov 5th 2004 at 10:38 am.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Sapsucker?? LOL.. Ok, I don't think I have ever seen one, Isn't a sapsucker one of the 3 types of sphyrapicus??
So you have got a yellow belly huh??
My, it sounds like you are a budding young ornithologist. There are two types in Colorado. Keep on the lookout.

By the way, I clicked "Do NOT send this post to Usenet".
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jewels
I just received an appointment for our adjustment of status.
Problem #1. It is Nebraska Service center
#2. I can't make it
#3. My attorney said if we do not go, our case could be
denied.
I found that one a little obsured considering I have complied from day
one with immigration.
Hi again Jewels...I know this is a hard time for you. I know you have a LOT on your plate. I just want to say that according to USCIS, whatever you've complied with before has no bearing on any current event they have on your case. You can comply up till the very end of his naturalization, but at the last minute if something goes wrong, he can still be denied. Past good behavior in USCIS doesn't constitute future leniency, unfortunately.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:06 am
Jewels

Hi,
Thanks for all your advise.
I will gather my information and go.
After all, legitimate reasons for me are not for others.
One last question.
Why does immigration ask you for the same information to be gathered
that you gathered already for the application for AOS.
I have to gather every document that I provided them with 10 months
ago?
Why can't we just bring proof of continuing income and proof of the
relationship?

Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:26 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't we just bring proof of continuing income and proof of the relationship?
Simple... that's not the way USCIS does things! Never forget that you're dealing with a government bureaucracy - if they were to streamline their efforts, things would slow to a crawl!

Ian
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
One last question.
ago?
relationship?
Hi Jewels,

I'm glad you're going What are they asking for besides ongoing proof and perhaps a new I-864? Our AOS package was pretty small - just copies of NOA, passport, visa, I-94, birth certificate, prior marriage info, the G-325A, and the I-864 and supporting docs. Compared to the paperwork for the K1 interview, the AOS paperwork was much less. I think they're asking you to bring the originals of the stuff you sent copies of for the AOS, plus the ongoing proof since then.

I'm excited for you! This is a big step!

Rene
Old Nov 6th 2004, 4:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Simple! You should have sent copies only and should bring originals to the interview. Also you have or should have additional proofs gathered from the last ten months to substaniate your claim of an ongoing and valid marriage. Also, note, that everything should have been kept in one file for easy access and believe me when I say you will be using all of them again when you remove conditions. Perhaps I am just very organized but if I had a wish it would be that everyone going through the immigration processing retain a binder of the exact mailing of any and all petitions, from the start to the finish. I found it invaluable to have this and a great timesaver and made for peace of mind.

Hi,
One last question.
ago?
relationship?
Old Nov 6th 2004, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

betsyanddavid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rete
Simple! You should have sent copies only and should bring originals to the interview. Also you have or should have additional proofs gathered from the last ten months to substaniate your claim of an ongoing and valid marriage. Also, note, that everything should have been kept in one file for easy access and believe me when I say you will be using all of them again when you remove conditions. Perhaps I am just very organized but if I had a wish it would be that everyone going through the immigration processing retain a binder of the exact mailing of any and all petitions, from the start to the finish. I found it invaluable to have this and a great timesaver and made for peace of mind.

Rete,

Based on posts I have read here, and your posts in particular, I have done just this. I am still very early in the process of filing for the K-1, but I have begun keeping a binder. I have also told my fiance to keep copies (at least one, but two is better) of everything he will file with the embassy when the time comes. After reading experiences it certainly makes sense to me to keep copies of everything. Thanks for sharing with us, it's made my life a little easier. I also realize I'm not the only one to plan for "loss" of information, by making copies. :-)

Betsy
Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betsyanddavid
Rete,

I also realize I'm not the only one to plan for "loss" of information, by making copies. :-)

Betsy
I had to laugh when I read that. Before I became organized, I was like most everyone here. I would put the papers in big envelopes, draw them in a draw and when the time came for our AOS interview, I dumped everything on the diningroom table and sorted through it all making up my piles of originals, copies, separated K-1 documentation from AOS paperwork and threw out the junk and kept the folders for the AOS to take to the office to make up my copies. Well got to the office and you got it, it was not the right paperwork. Went home that night and looked through everything ... no originals. Went nuts looking. Then thought ... garbage. I must have thrown them away in the box I took down to the garbage area. Ran down, there was the box, and yes, in the box was our paperwork. Phew. Saved. And thus the binder concept was borne in the Wilson household and everything is safely tucked away.

Rete
Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:48 pm
Jewels

They want us to bring copies of everything we already submitted along
with a medical exam AGAIN.
Bank statements, I-864, marriage certificate/transaltions, tax
transcripts, proof of employment... All the stuff we submitted about
10 months ago.
Last step though....I hope.
They didn't say bring money....YET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.