Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Boston - Interview report

AOS Boston - Interview report

Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOS Boston - Interview report

Originally Posted by sibsie
As luck would have it, it was humid as hell when I started out and by the time I was ready for shopping on Newbury St, it was cold and wet! Just not one of my best days.
ah well you can sit back have a nice cuppa and a cookie and all will feel better am sure
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

congratulations!!!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:07 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The Final Bump

I blasted into Boston today to pick up the I-693 and then headed to JFK building. It was deserted. The reason I later found out is that most of the immigration offices close on the 3rd Friday of every month. If you're going in on spec, don't go on that day.

I went to room E140 which is the other side of the courtyard to E170 where the interviews are held. I was the only person there, handed in my sealed envelope and got my passport stamped! The whole thing from entering to leaving took less than 15 mins.

The lovely immigration chap informed me that my actual Green Card will be with me in two weeks or two months but if I don't have it in two years, to pop back in and he'll stamp my passport again.

Things I gleaned from my visit there.

1. They're processing I-485s from June 2004.

2. N400s are from June 2004

3. There's a rather alarming box labelled "Golden oldies, filed prior to 1999"

4. Change of address. You MUST write to Boston to let them know if you've moved. The call to the misinformation line isn't sufficient as he mentioned the problem with that. I'd moved but had sent a recorded delivery letter as well as the call and AR11.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The Final Bump
Yay!!
Congrats Mrs Sibsie!! I'm glad you didn't qualify as a Golden Oldie
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:36 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Congratu-ma-lations on finally getting that really special stamp!!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Congrats Sibs. Glad to hear it all worked out ... finally!

The Mucker

The Final Bump

I blasted into Boston today to pick up the I-693 and then headed to JFK building. It was deserted. The reason I later found out is that most of the immigration offices close on the 3rd Friday of every month. If you're going in on spec, don't go on that day.

I went to room E140 which is the other side of the courtyard to E170 where the interviews are held. I was the only person there, handed in my sealed envelope and got my passport stamped! The whole thing from entering to leaving took less than 15 mins.

The lovely immigration chap informed me that my actual Green Card will be with me in two weeks or two months but if I don't have it in two years, to pop back in and he'll stamp my passport again.

Things I gleaned from my visit there.

1. They're processing I-485s from June 2004.

2. N400s are from June 2004

4. Change of address. You MUST write to Boston to let them know if you've moved. The call to the misinformation line isn't sufficient as he mentioned the problem with that. I'd moved but had sent a recorded delivery letter as well as the call and AR11.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The Final Bump

You just get the feeling that the newspapers are going to report "big fire at GC production plant..all record lost" in the next week or so ...
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:38 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You just get the feeling that the newspapers are going to report "big fire at GC production plant..all record lost" in the next week or so ...
If anything can happen it will happen, and it usually happens to me!
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

If anything can happen it will happen, and it usually happens to me!
It will be all good Sibsie .... well chuffed you got there now ...
Old Jun 18th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations sibsie. What a relief! I'll be happy to hear when you get your greencard, safe and sound.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 3:22 pm
C.G.D.S

Thanks all. It's a relief to finally have it out of the way.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all. It's a relief to finally have it out of the way.
good for you! time to celebrate! it will be interesting to hear how long it takes before the plastic card arrives!

best part is now you don't have to go in the 'other' line at the airport any longer...
Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

silanone will become famous soon enoughsilanone will become famous soon enough

Congrats on getting that stamp, sibsie! Hope the green card follows soon without any glitches.

My AOS interview is on the third Friday of July - I guess there won't be too many people there that day!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:40 pm
Jess

My AOS interview is also scheduled for 3rd friday of July (15th). Also
I had given my medical certificate with the the application. Do i need
to bring another one?

Thanks

Old Jul 6th 2005, 12:20 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Thanks. And what wonderful weather we're having. It's more like November. :scared:
You're not complaing, are you? *W*
Congratulations on your new 'status' Sibsie!