Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Boston - Interview report

Wikiposts

AOS Boston - Interview report

Old May 23rd 2005, 6:48 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS Boston - Interview report

We got there 45 mins before the appt time of 11am and were called in at 11.10am. There's a totally gorgeous looking blonde adjudicator. That wasn't ours! Our chap was nice enough though, especially when he explained that my medical was missing and I'd have to get another one before he could approve me. I had the vaccination supplement and the X-ray but the rest of the medical report was missing.

We were asked the usual questions of - How did we meet. When did we get married. He looked at a couple of pics, asked for our 2004 tax return and that was it. He said I was approved pending medical so I'm having that done on 3rd May (cost $135) and will take it back in to the JFK building.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:37 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOS Boston - Interview report

Originally Posted by sibsie
He said I was approved pending medical so I'm having that done on 3rd May (cost $135) and will take it back in to the JFK building.
Many congratulations gal!!

Are ya gonna borrow the TARDIS and do a spot of time travel to get your medical done though?!
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sibsie!

Congratulations! But why was your medical missing? No explaination given for that, eh?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

He said I was approved pending medical...
Congratulations!

Ian
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:01 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
Are ya gonna borrow the TARDIS and do a spot of time travel...
Boy oh boy, does that ever bring back good memories!

Ian
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:39 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Sibsie!

Congratulations! But why was your medical missing? No explaination given for that, eh?

Best Wishes,
Rene
I'll piggyback onto Rene's post.......maybe it has something to do with the fact that her brown envelope was stolen when she was mugged leaving Spain? I think she then did a "deferred inspection" (isn't that what they call it?) in Boston later?

Anyway, congrats-pending-medical Sibs! Nice to see you!

~SecretGarden
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

We got there 45 mins before the appt time of 11am and were called in at 11.10am. There's a totally gorgeous looking blonde adjudicator. That wasn't ours! Our chap was nice enough though, especially when he explained that my medical was missing and I'd have to get another one before he could approve me. I had the vaccination supplement and the X-ray but the rest of the medical report was missing.

We were asked the usual questions of - How did we meet. When did we get married. He looked at a couple of pics, asked for our 2004 tax return and that was it. He said I was approved pending medical so I'm having that done on 3rd May (cost $135) and will take it back in to the JFK building.
Congratulations to you Sibsie though I can't believe you have to do your medical again esp as they never even asked me for the supplement. Extra cost for you as well. Well I am sure you will be relieved at not having to do things for 2 years (less 90 days) after this episode.

Love
Gisela
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:50 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sibs! Good to see another (almost) GC holder.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yeah, sucks too that she has to pay for it again. :-/
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations sibsie!!!! I bet you must be so relieved! It's too bad they LOST the medical, but ah well, at least you're pseudo-approved.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:40 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Oops. That would be the 3rd *June*.

I did have a deferred inspection in Boston. My sealed envelope was stolen at check in. However I did have a new medical done here which I sent in with my AOS. It's that which has gone missing. I had all the copies of it with me at the interview but the supervisor was adamant I have a new medical done. I have the original X-Ray still in the sealed envelope and have had the vaccinations, so at least that's keeping the cost of a new medical down.

They were very nice about it, and bugger all I can do about it, so there you go.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Can't you get a copy of the medical you had done here? My doc gave me a copy for the AOS, and one to keep, and I'm sure his office would be able to copy it again for me. Worth a try?

Oops. That would be the 3rd *June*.

I did have a deferred inspection in Boston. My sealed envelope was stolen at check in. However I did have a new medical done here which I sent in with my AOS. It's that which has gone missing. I had all the copies of it with me at the interview but the supervisor was adamant I have a new medical done. I have the original X-Ray still in the sealed envelope and have had the vaccinations, so at least that's keeping the cost of a new medical down.

They were very nice about it, and bugger all I can do about it, so there you go.
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:58 am
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by lucymoody
Can't you get a copy of the medical you had done here? My doc gave me a copy for the AOS, and one to keep, and I'm sure his office would be able to copy it again for me. Worth a try?
I had copies of the one in Spain and and the one here, but they want it again in a sealed envelope. The adjudicator said he tried to argue the case with his supervisor but his supervisor pulled some memo on him and there was nothing he could do.

I'll take the path of least resistance and get a new one.
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Oh well, at least the adjudicator tried. Maybe the doctor's office would be willing to give you another sealed one? It seems awfully harsh to have to pay for a new medical.

I had copies of the one in Spain and and the one here, but they want it again in a sealed envelope. The adjudicator said he tried to argue the case with his supervisor but his supervisor pulled some memo on him and there was nothing he could do.

I'll take the path of least resistance and get a new one.
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

approved pending medical
woo hoo <----------- small 'w' & 'h' until you get really approved

Congrats on one more step.. nearly the end sweetie!
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:18 am
Eric S.

Congrats to another Boston person on your "almost" approval! Seem like
getting the medical will be pretty straightforward. Too bad you have to pay
again.

Let us know when your green card arrives.

- Eric S.

"sibsie" <member17406@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > We got there 45 mins before the appt time of 11am and were called in at
    > 11.10am. There's a totally gorgeous looking blonde adjudicator. That
    > wasn't ours! Our chap was nice enough though, especially when he
    > explained that my medical was missing and I'd have to get another one
    > before he could approve me. I had the vaccination supplement and the
    > X-ray but the rest of the medical report was missing.
    > We were asked the usual questions of - How did we meet. When did we
    > get married. He looked at a couple of pics, asked for our 2004 tax
    > return and that was it. He said I was approved pending medical so I'm
    > having that done on 3rd May (cost $135) and will take it back in to the
    > JFK building.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.