Reload this Page >

Aos - Birth Certificate

Wikiposts

Aos - Birth Certificate

Old Jun 23rd 2003, 3:17 am
Just Joined

llmwcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aos - Birth Certificate

Can you submit a PHOTOCOPY of your birth certificate when applying for marriage based AOS? If so, does it have to be US notarized? or back home notarized with apostille?

I don't have an original, only a photocopy, and it takes months to request it back home.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

my understanding is to submit photo copies but at the AOS interview they can request originals. You may want to verify. Don;t the instructions on the AOS I-485 specifically ask for a copy? I forget.
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 5:21 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted copies of EVERYTHING. BCIS is one giant black hole, and if you send your originals, you'll never see them again! Fortunately, I had the option to file in person, so I took all the originals with me, just in case. I wasn't asked to produce any of them, though, the copies were sufficient.
Kate. xxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Jun 23rd 2003 at 5:39 am.