Reload this Page >

AOS ATL - interview cancelled

Wikiposts

AOS ATL - interview cancelled

Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

mrfoxy76 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS ATL - interview cancelled

I only recently moved 2 weeks ago and i received the notice PRIOR to my move. I would presume there is no way they would know I was moving, as the sale of my house wasnt complete until July 27th. The cancellation was dated July 22nd.

My lawyer advised me to advise the USCIS asap about my change of address.

Marc

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Marc,

To which address do you expect them to send the re-schedule letter to? Your old Atlanta one? Just curious.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:18 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
I only recently moved 2 weeks ago and i received the notice PRIOR to my move. I would presume there is no way they would know I was moving, as the sale of my house wasnt complete until July 27th. The cancellation was dated July 22nd.

Marc
Sounds like good advice to me:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm

In a nutshell, you are required to notify USCIS of a change of address within 10 days using form AR-11.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Marc
Yes, definitely. When are you planning to move back to Atlanta? My gut feeling is that USCIS will have a hard time keeping up with your moves if they occur to close together.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed

In a nutshell, you are required to notify USCIS of a change of address within 10 days using form AR-11.
And, that AR-11 won't change his address automatically for any petitions he has ongoing. He must notify the local office in writing, and also call the 800 number. Also, the sponsor must file the I-865 for the Sponsor Change of Address. I'd also notify the NEW local office and get his file transfered there to have his interview where he currently lives.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

the downside is i will be moving again in 8 weeks, we are having a house built and currently residing in my brother in laws townhome whilst the house is being finished. they are only 15 miles apart so i presume they fall under the same immigration office.

the only upside to this whole situation is i also have a H1 visa that doesnt expire until the middle of next year

Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:21 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not the expert, don't you have to phone the service centre as well and advise them of change of address? We did 3 times...
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:22 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

And, that AR-11 won't change his address automatically for any petitions he has ongoing. He must notify the local office in writing, and also call the 800 number. Also, the sponsor must file the I-865 for the Sponsor Change of Address. I'd also notify the NEW local office and get his file transfered there to have his interview where he currently lives.

Rene
The adjudicating officer who approved my AOS said if at all possible, DON'T MOVE before the GC was received, since USPS WON'T forward them, and the USCIS was pretty crappy about keeping track of where petitioners really are...
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:27 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

The adjudicating officer who approved my AOS said if at all possible, DON'T MOVE before the GC was received, since USPS WON'T forward them, and the USCIS was pretty crappy about keeping track of where petitioners really are...
I'd agree, LOL kind of scarey....... Luckily my parole was forwarded, my work permit wasn't!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:32 am

the downside is i will be moving again in 8 weeks, we are having a house built and currently residing in my brother in laws townhome whilst the house is being finished. they are only 15 miles apart so i presume they fall under the same immigration office.
Hmmmmmmmmm...I'm not sure I would call 8 weeks a "move". Especially when you're moving back to the same area.

Maybe you could get a PO Box in Atlanta, submit your change of address as having a PO Box in Atlanta, and have someone check the PO Box for your new appointment letter while you're gone for 8 weeks. It's a shame you have to go so far away just for a couple of months, when you're expecting such important mail right now.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

i just filed a change of address tonight, see what happens here on in. I can keep the new address and not change again since its my brother in laws.

fingers crossed...

will keep you posted!

Hmmmmmmmmm...I'm not sure I would call 8 weeks a "move". Especially when you're moving back to the same area.

Maybe you could get a PO Box in Atlanta, submit your change of address as having a PO Box in Atlanta, and have someone check the PO Box for your new appointment letter while you're gone for 8 weeks. It's a shame you have to go so far away just for a couple of months, when you're expecting such important mail right now.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

i just filed a change of address tonight, see what happens here on in. I can keep the new address and not change again since its my brother in laws.

fingers crossed...

will keep you posted!
I'm wondering if Mr. Foxy has us by the short and you know what. He lived in Georgia, moved to NJ after he closed on a house there and then in 8 weeks will be moving to Pennsylvania to a house he is having built but is living with his brother-in-law when he already owns a house in NJ. And now Rene thinks he is moving back to Atlanta.

Plus he has a valid H-1B visa. Therefore he must be working. Wonder where he works? New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Georgia or perhaps somewhere in between and has a plane he uses for commuting in the morning and evenings.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm wondering if Mr. Foxy has us by the short and you know what. He lived in Georgia, moved to NJ after he closed on a house there and then in 8 weeks will be moving to Pennsylvania to a house he is having built but is living with his brother-in-law when he already owns a house in NJ. And now Rene thinks he is moving back to Atlanta.

Plus he has a valid H-1B visa. Therefore he must be working. Wonder where he works? New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Georgia or perhaps somewhere in between and has a plane he uses for commuting in the morning and evenings.
Hmmmmm, maybe I missed something! I thought he said that after the 8-week NJ stay, he was moving back to within 15 miles of his original place, which I thought was Atlanta. LOL Oh well.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2005, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iniaki
In that case, it sounds that you are right on target to having received your interview letter. Sorry that they cancelled though.

I have never heard of anyone who got their interview cancelled in Atlanta. Hopefully, they will send you some notification soon. I know how terrible it is to wait.

I would still try to make a trip to the downtown office to find out about your case. Calling the 800 number is useless.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Actually mine was cancelled too - it was to have been on 29th August and I received a cancellation letter two weeks ago.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

i moved to nj in 2000 on a H1B visa from Netherlands. born and raised in scotland.

moved to Buford GA July 2004 decided to try cheaper living in the south didnt work out.

moved back to PA July 2005, do not plan to move from PA area for the foreseeable future.

Work at home and commute 1 day a week.

Originally Posted by Rete

Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

i moved to nj in 2000 on a H1B visa from Netherlands. born and raised in scotland.

moved to Buford GA July 2004 decided to try cheaper living in the south didnt work out.

moved back to PA July 2005, do not plan to move from PA area for the foreseeable future.

Work at home and commute 1 day a week.
But you are living in NJ at the moment at your relative's house you said. I didn't know that H-1B were for people to work from home. Where can I find a job like that ;-)

As for your original question, you have to by law tell the Homeland Security via AR-11 of your address within 10 days of moving. As for the AOS interview you have to send letters to the Atlanta office with a copy to the PA office (Philadelphia or Pittsburgh whichever one you are using) to advise them of your new address and request that you file be transferred. Note there is absolutely no guarantee that this will be done or that it will be done quickly. You might have placed your AOS interview on the backburner for a year or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.