British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   AOS approved! (NYC) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/aos-approved-nyc-314303/)

Peter Newton Jul 17th 2005 12:24 am

AOS approved! (NYC)

Hello all

I received a "Welcome to the USA" letter today indicating that my AOS case has been approved! I had been waiting after the interview for the case to be approved because they had to merge my 3 A-files (don't ask why...)

Wendy and I just got home from furniture shopping, I was feeling very kranky and when I opened the letter it cheered me right up! I am walking around the house with it in my pocket, I must have read and re-read it 20 times already because I still can't believe it!

I filed just over 2 years ago in NYC, and the letter states that I will be in the IR6 category (10-yr greencard).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who spends the time to participate in this forum, but especially Rete and Folinskyinla. Rita - you are the voice of reason and I know you will make an excellent immigration attorney; and Stuart - you are a gentleman and a scholar.

I will post again when I receive the actual card in the mail (and I will be sure to say whether the photo is black and white or not) ;)

Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Peter

meauxna Jul 17th 2005 1:36 am

Re: AOS approved! (NYC)

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hello all

I received a "Welcome to the USA" letter today indicating that my AOS case has been approved! I had been waiting after the interview for the case to be approved because they had to merge my 3 A-files (don't ask why...)

Wendy and I just got home from furniture shopping, I was feeling very kranky and when I opened the letter it cheered me right up! I am walking around the house with it in my pocket, I must have read and re-read it 20 times already because I still can't believe it!

I filed just over 2 years ago in NYC, and the letter states that I will be in the IR6 category (10-yr greencard).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who spends the time to participate in this forum, but especially Rete and Folinskyinla. Rita - you are the voice of reason and I know you will make an excellent immigration attorney; and Stuart - you are a gentleman and a scholar.

I will post again when I receive the actual card in the mail (and I will be sure to say whether the photo is black and white or not) ;)

Peter

Kick@ss!

Eager to hear about your GC photo!
mo

AussieSteve Jul 17th 2005 1:44 am

Congrats Peter!

I know how you feel, I just got my approval letter today too! I'll
read it just once more before I go to bed :-D

Noorah101 Jul 17th 2005 1:44 am

Congratulations, Peter!! :D

ian-mstm Jul 17th 2005 1:49 am

I received a "Welcome to the USA" letter today indicating that my AOS case has been approved!

Bravo! Jolly good.

Ian

Peter Newton Jul 17th 2005 2:15 am

Ginger beer and lashings of hard boiled eggs all round!

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Bravo! Jolly good.

Ian

shepslady Jul 17th 2005 2:40 am

Hello all

Peter

Hearty congratulations Peter.

I have been following your posts so know how happy this must have made you & Wendy. Hope it makes up for the furniture shopping huh?

Hope your doing something special to celebrate.

Once again congrats on graduating & best of all its the 10 year GC too!!!

Peter Newton Jul 17th 2005 2:55 am

We hadn't any plans tonight, but are sitting at home with a bottle of Penfold's to celebrate. We're going out in Brooklyn tomorrow for a friend's birthday, but it will now be a joint celebration!

Cheers
Peter

Originally Posted by shepslady
Hearty congratulations Peter.

I have been following your posts so know how happy this must have made you & Wendy. Hope it makes up for the furniture shopping huh?

Hope your doing something special to celebrate.

Once again congrats on graduating & best of all its the 10 year GC too!!!

Ray Jul 17th 2005 3:34 am

Congrat Pete...A patient man ....

mrsm Jul 17th 2005 1:04 pm

Finally! Many Congratulations Peter, and you know I mean that sincerely :)
You are indeed a patient man considering we started playing this game at approx. the same time and I've had my card a year already. BTW, I never did receive a 'Welcome" letter, not one single letter :( .
All the very best to you and Wendy.

Suess Jul 17th 2005 2:30 pm

Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS.

You had a long wait. Enjoy your celebrations.

Sue

SecretGarden Jul 17th 2005 3:11 pm

Hiya Peter,
Looks like we were right about the case status online change, eh? Glad to hear you're finally out of the woods for awhile. You've been very patient and it's paid off! Well done. :)

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink

Peter Newton Jul 17th 2005 3:36 pm

Yep, it was definitely an omen... and the other omen is that we were furniture shopping in Garden City and drove right past the CIS office. I thought of standing on the street and yelling at them, but to my better judgement, didn't!

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Hiya Peter,
Looks like we were right about the case status online change, eh? Glad to hear you're finally out of the woods for awhile. You've been very patient and it's paid off! Well done. :)

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink

Peter Newton Jul 17th 2005 3:40 pm

Thanks! It has certainly been a wait, but I still feel bad for those New Yorkers who filed before us and are STILL waiting :( There's no rhyme or reason to it!!

Hope all is well with you
Cheers
Peter

Originally Posted by mrsm
Finally! Many Congratulations Peter, and you know I mean that sincerely :)
You are indeed a patient man considering we started playing this game at approx. the same time and I've had my card a year already. BTW, I never did receive a 'Welcome" letter, not one single letter :( .
All the very best to you and Wendy.

Ndori Jul 17th 2005 4:13 pm

Congrats Peter! it gives some hope to the rest of us!