AOS Approved - Arlington/DC Office

Wikiposts

AOS Approved - Arlington/DC Office

Old Jun 27th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

dcrenea is on a distinguished road
Default AOS Approved - Arlington/DC Office

Hello,

My husband AOS petition (from K-1 ) was approved last thursday (6/23). It was very quick, our appt was for 1:30 and we arrived at 12:45 and went in early, around 1:15, and we left the office by 1:30.
The interview started with the swearing in, then she went through the I-485 form and asked his name, birthday, parent's names, are you a terrorist, etc. etc. We handed in our daughter's birth certificate. Then she asked for 2004 Tax return, 2004 W2 forms, and my employment letter. Then she asked where we met, and asked for evidence of our life together, i handed in our copies of utility bills, credit card statements etc., she didn't look at them, just put them in her file, and then said we were approved. It was really quick.
The interview was before the 2 year anniversary, so she printed out a paper explaining how to remove conditions at the appropriate time.
Oh, she also asked for the EAD cards, driver licenses, passports, and she kept the EAD cards.
The only hiccup was that his passport was expired (long story) so she couldn't give him the stamp but she gave us a paper akin to an approval notice with a stamp. He still can't travel until he gets the green card, though, which she said should come in a month or two.

Hope this account is helpful to anyone with upcoming interviews in this office, btw, the new office is much much better than the old office.

Good Luck to all,
R