AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough
Default AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Feeling JUST a bit chuffed today!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Went for my AOS interview yesterday morning at USCIS office in Detroit. Had an 8am appointment, saw the officer by 08.15 (we had got there at 0730), was approved and was home by 0945am (including the 40 minute drive home)!!!!! Wasn't expecting that, I can tell you!!!! Been told to expect the card in the mail within two weeks.

I also wasn't expecting the Adjudication Officer to not even look at any of the forms I copied and prepared, as per the checklist they send with the interview letter!!! Only spent the best part of $30 getting it all ready for them. The only thing he took was a copy of our joint bank statement, our joint car insurance policy and a copy of our modified lease, showing me as an additional resident. Other than that he just took copies of both our drivers licence and passport!!! And that's after making sure that the full and complete copies of ALL K1Visa and AOS application information ever submitted was ready - as, like I said, required on the AOS Interview checklist!!!! BUT, I am sooo glad that I had it all with me as I just know that if we didn't have it, no doubt we would have someone see us who wanted every little form we had ever completed!!! He never even looked at our photos!!!! :-(

Having said that, the gentleman was an absolutely lovely man who said that he could SEE we were married just by the way we interacted with each other. He made us feel really at ease and comfortable and thanked us for bringing everything with us although he didn't need to see it. I guess, they are experienced enough to know who they need all the forms and supporting evidence for and who they don't.

As far as the permanent Green Card application in 21 months, he said we probably won't even have to go in for an interview!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!

So good luck to everyone else who is going to Detroit USCIS.....they really are a nice bunch of people. BUT I would suggest that you DO take everything with you as per the cehcklist - just in case!!!

Tina xxx
Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Well done and congratulations!

My AOS interview was very similar. I had spent two nights copying everything on the checklist twice - one set for me and one for my son. The chap who interviewed us didn't look at anything except a copy of our most recent bank statement. He was more interested in watching my son color and draw. I was pleased I took all the copies and photos, evidence of our joint life together. It's always better to have it and not need it.

I'm sure you're looking forward to not having to file any forms and do any photocopying for a little while
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
Well done and congratulations!

My AOS interview was very similar. I had spent two nights copying everything on the checklist twice - one set for me and one for my son. The chap who interviewed us didn't look at anything except a copy of our most recent bank statement. He was more interested in watching my son color and draw. I was pleased I took all the copies and photos, evidence of our joint life together. It's always better to have it and not need it.

I'm sure you're looking forward to not having to file any forms and do any photocopying for a little while
Absolutely, I'll be glad if I never have to see another photocopier 'til 21 months time!!! lol
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and Welcome to America!

Top Tip: I kept a folder next to my desk and whenever anything 'evidence worthy' crossed my path, I threw it in the folder. When it came time for I-751, I had envelopes addressed to us both, cards, Costco statements.. odd stuff that added up.
Much easier IMO than digging through old files in a cabinet.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations and Welcome to America!

Top Tip: I kept a folder next to my desk and whenever anything 'evidence worthy' crossed my path, I threw it in the folder. When it came time for I-751, I had envelopes addressed to us both, cards, Costco statements.. odd stuff that added up.
Much easier IMO than digging through old files in a cabinet.
+1.

Rene
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Don't worry, the document box is now by the desk and will 'catch' everything that falls into evidence category!!!! lol