Wikiposts

AOS Approved!

Old Apr 13th 2010, 3:16 am
Just Joined

kayk03055 will become famous soon enough
Smile AOS Approved!

I had my AOS interview today. It was very quick and painless - one of the lucky ones! I was in at 9.15am and out before 9.25am! I was really suprised that our interview room was a normal workers office, just with a survalliance camera! We were ask to confirm our details and then he asked how we met and where we got married. He also asked if I bought any supporting documents so I gave him a folder of documents - he just flipped through it. And then he said this was 'no doubt a bona fide marriage....'

So I would just like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me with the last stages of this process ...

Kay
Old Apr 13th 2010, 4:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Approved!

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Shanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really niceShanh is just really nice

Wow grats, I hope I'll be as lucky next month
Old Apr 13th 2010, 6:15 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kayk03055
So I would just like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me with the last stages of this process ...
Congratulations, and Welcome to America!

Last stages.. oh baby, you're just getting started!
More to come in 21 short months.. and there are things you can do now to make I-751 easier... stick around!
Old Apr 13th 2010, 3:26 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

I had my AOS interview today. It was very quick and painless - one of the lucky ones! I was in at 9.15am and out before 9.25am! I was really suprised that our interview room was a normal workers office, just with a survalliance camera! We were ask to confirm our details and then he asked how we met and where we got married. He also asked if I bought any supporting documents so I gave him a folder of documents - he just flipped through it. And then he said this was 'no doubt a bona fide marriage....'

Kay
yay! hubby was just approved too, no camera in the office that i remember seeing though! WELCOME TO THE US!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:53 am
Just Joined

kayk03055 will become famous soon enough

Thank you everyone!

I will definately be sticking around.

Does anyone have a link to the next stage in 21 months?

Kay
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:14 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone!

I will definately be sticking around.

Does anyone have a link to the next stage in 21 months?

Kay
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Rene
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

miami078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the link I was just wondering the same thing with regards to AOS. I entered the USA 1st April however the visa was put into my passport by the london embassy back in october (due to work commitments I could move over sooner). The I-751 states you must remove conditions within 90 days ommediatly before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded permanent resident status. What is this date, is it the date the visa was put in your passport back in the Uk or teh actual date you walked through the USA passport control for the first time with the permanent resident visa OR the date you receive your welcome letter and SSN through the post?

x
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by miami078
Thanks for the link I was just wondering the same thing with regards to AOS. I entered the USA 1st April however the visa was put into my passport by the london embassy back in october (due to work commitments I could move over sooner). The I-751 states you must remove conditions within 90 days ommediatly before the second anniversary of the date you were accorded permanent resident status. What is this date, is it the date the visa was put in your passport back in the Uk or teh actual date you walked through the USA passport control for the first time with the permanent resident visa OR the date you receive your welcome letter and SSN through the post?

x
If you arrived on a K-1 visa, or adjusted status from some other non-immigrant visa, it's none of the above. It's the date you become a Permanent Resident, which may or may not be the day of your AOS interview.

If you arrived on a CR-1 Immigrant Visa, then it will be the date you arrived in the USA, because Immigrant Visa holders become permanent residents as soon as they arrive in the USA.

Rene
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

x
Further to Rene's information, on your Green Card, you'll see a 'resident since' date. That is the date you became a Permanent Resident aka gained Permanent Resident status.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

miami078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh its clearer now thank you. I havent as yet received the green card etc but I will keep an eye out for that date when it comes through (just to clarify I did come on on a CR1 visa).

Thanks again

Lynsey
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:18 am

Ahh its clearer now thank you. I havent as yet received the green card etc but I will keep an eye out for that date when it comes through (just to clarify I did come on on a CR1 visa).

Thanks again

Lynsey
Since you arrived on an Immigrant Visa (CR-1), your 'resident since' date is the date you entered the US. Your visa should be endorsed with this date, and your GC should have it as your 'resident since' date (always good to check that when the card arrives!).