Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Approval/ Request for Evidence

Wikiposts

AOS Approval/ Request for Evidence

Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default Re: AOS Approval/ Request for Evidence

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Rene,

I don't think that my experience is relevant to Myharris' situation - it's still rather confusing as to what vacciantion documents Myharris has, but it does seem clear that they were obtained here in the USA after entering.

My experiences - 1 K1 and 1 K3 - are, as you noted, with using the DS-3032 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet from the K-visa medical exam for adjustment of status. There shouldn't be a problem with doing this provided that the DS-3032 shows that all required vaccinations have either been given or waived, but there often is a problem because, as I see it, of two opportunities for confusion:
- Non-immigrant visa applicants, including K-visa applicants, are not required to have their vaccination completed by law, and so the assumption may be that they have not had their vaccinations completed.
- When adjusting from a K-visa the required medical documents are in the case file, so the person screening the adjustment application for completeness has no idea whether or not a DS-3032 exists or shows vaccinations as complete or incomplete. A photocopy of DS-3032 would show vaccination status, if the screener has been trained to understand it and accept it - but are the screener's so trained? And does the K-visa applicant have a copy of DS-3032 to submit with their I-485? (Not all visa applicants are savy enough to ask for it at their visa medical exam, and not all panel physicians give the applicant a copy without being asked.)

To my mind, this mess could be cleared up by having USCIS and DoS coordinate to require that all K-visa applicants be fully vaccinated before a visa can be issued, same as immigrant-visa applicants. But that might require a change to the INA, don't know if it could be done as a matter of policy.

Regards, JEff
Been on the phone with some of the approved panel physcians, they want me to redo the physical (which I did in England a year ago), but the letter CIS sent me only requested that I provide proof of immunizations (nothing about physical on it) through one of their approved physicians.
This is another $170, just to have the doctor fill out the I-693..
Just wondering if I am not gonna be told to redo the physical by USCIS once I submit the supplement.
This is never ending....
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Myharris
Been on the phone with some of the approved panel physcians, they want me to redo the physical (which I did in England a year ago), but the letter CIS sent me only requested that I provide proof of immunizations (nothing about physical on it) through one of their approved physicians.
This is another $170, just to have the doctor fill out the I-693..
Just wondering if I am not gonna be told to redo the physical by USCIS once I submit the supplement.
This is never ending....
I doubt you will be requested to re-do the whole medical. The civil surgeons seem a bit clueless that *some* people *only* need the vaccination supplement. I would go ahead and make an appointment, take proof of your vaccinations and the letter from USCIS in with you, and convince the doctor in person that you do NOT need a full medical done again. This happened to many of us, so don't worry. Just be firm and keep repeating that all you need is the vaccination supplement...not the full medical, as you've had that done overseas already. But as for cost, it can be expensive. Here in Phoenix, we paid $115 just for the office visit and the doctor to sign the form.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Smile Re: AOS Approval/ Request for Evidence

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I doubt you will be requested to re-do the whole medical. The civil surgeons seem a bit clueless that *some* people *only* need the vaccination supplement. I would go ahead and make an appointment, take proof of your vaccinations and the letter from USCIS in with you, and convince the doctor in person that you do NOT need a full medical done again. This happened to many of us, so don't worry. Just be firm and keep repeating that all you need is the vaccination supplement...not the full medical, as you've had that done overseas already. But as for cost, it can be expensive. Here in Phoenix, we paid $115 just for the office visit and the doctor to sign the form.

Best Wishes,
Rene
thanks.. wich I knew this sooner...
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:54 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Myharris,

Really? I doubt it. Another wonderful source of immigration confusion - panel physicians are doctors overseas that the DoS uses to perform visa medical exams.

The doctors in the USA that the USCIS uses for medical exams are called Civil Surgeons.

Wonder if anyone knows why....

Regards, JEff

Been on the phone with some of the approved panel physcians, ....
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:46 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Wonder if anyone knows why....

Regards, JEff
Red Riding Hood looked at the stack of paperwork and cried "grandma! What a lot of forms you have to fill out!"

"The better to confuse you with, my dear!" replied the big bad immigration wolf, diguised as the sweet old grandma.

LOL
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Red Riding Hood looked at the stack of paperwork and cried "grandma! What a lot of forms you have to fill out!"

"The better to confuse you with, my dear!" replied the big bad immigration wolf, diguised as the sweet old grandma.

LOL
Maybe the interviewer forgot because she saw the volumes of paper work we had for the AOS interview..
Two big files one label miscellaneous and the other with all the regular stuff they might need..
Think she also enjoyed looking at our photos, which included some semi nudes one of my wife and I drunk on our anniversary in the Jacuzzi.
Just happy to finally get this over with for now.. till three years and we'll see what they need this time..
Donno what we would've done with out British Expats... Thanks to everyone that read, reply my post (some were dumb, some were nerve racking for me) thanks a Million...
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:17 pm

.. till three years and we'll see what they need this time..
Just curious whether you mean filing removal of conditions, or filing for citizenship here?

Removal of conditions is in the 90-day window before the expiration of the 2-year GC (so just under a 2-year wait for that one).

Citizenship is in the 90-day window just before 3 years after you obtained PR status (so nearly a 3-year wait on that one).

If it's the removal of conditions, don't wait 3 years to do that, you'll be in trouble.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Just curious whether you mean filing removal of conditions, or filing for citizenship here?

Removal of conditions is in the 90-day window before the expiration of the 2-year GC (so just under a 2-year wait for that one).

Citizenship is in the 90-day window just before 3 years after you obtained PR status (so nearly a 3-year wait on that one).

If it's the removal of conditions, don't wait 3 years to do that, you'll be in trouble.

Rene
Got approved for the PR doing the AOS interview, been married more than two years..
So I think it the Citizenship
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:45 am

Got approved for the PR doing the AOS interview, been married more than two years..
So I think it the Citizenship
OK, very cool.

Rene