Reload this Page >

AOS approval and pending EAD renewal

Wikiposts

AOS approval and pending EAD renewal

Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:02 am
Just Joined

David M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS approval and pending EAD renewal

My wife just received an approval letter stating that she has been granted permanent resident alien status. It states that it may take up to 12 months to receive the alien registration card. I have 2 questions:

1. Why does it take so long to receive the card once you are approved?

2. She applied to renew her EAD last month through the USCIC e-file system. As of today, the case status shows that it has not been processed. Since she is a permanent resident now, can we ask for that renewal application to be cancelled and get the money back? Or are we forced to pay the fee, although she does not need it anymore?

Thank you in advance.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 11:48 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS approval and pending EAD renewal

Originally posted by David M
My wife just received an approval letter stating that she has been granted permanent resident alien status. It states that it may take up to 12 months to receive the alien registration card. I have 2 questions:

1. Why does it take so long to receive the card once you are approved?
I think they just like to tell you that, because if they gave you a shorter timeframe, and you didn't get your card in that time, you'd be asking them where it was. From what I've seen, most people get their cards a few weeks or a couple of months after approval.

Originally posted by David M
2. She applied to renew her EAD last month through the USCIC e-file system. As of today, the case status shows that it has not been processed. Since she is a permanent resident now, can we ask for that renewal application to be cancelled and get the money back? Or are we forced to pay the fee, although she does not need it anymore?

Thank you in advance.
Ah, if only!! No, it states on the form that this fee is non-refundable.

Kate. xxxx