Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Aos Approval Louisville, Ky.

Wikiposts

Aos Approval Louisville, Ky.

Old May 19th 2006, 7:37 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aos Approval Louisville, Ky.

Originally Posted by dutchman2001nl
Hi guy's

Here is our little story of how the interview went today.
We had a appointment for 1.45 pm at the Louisville,KY branch. We were there a bit early, I'd say about 1.15 pm.
At about 1.30 Patricia was called into the office (I expected me to be first). He first had her sworn in to tell the truth, and then asked for the bills and photo's. (later turned out that that was all he wanted to see). He asked her questions like:
*What country is Rudolf from?
*Where did you guy's meet?
*When and where did you get married?
*What did you have for dinner last night?
*How often have you been to The Netherlands and how often has Rudolf been to the USA?
*Did you cook Rudolf breakfast this morning?
*Where we honeymooned?
*Where we went for vacation?
*Why my name wasn't on the deed?
He then came out and called my name, and swore me in to tell the truth, and asked me the same questions.
About the house we said that we were trying to sell it, and buy a new house together. He was ok with that.
That was pretty much it really. We were outside at 1.50 pm..... it took all but 20 minutes.
He was a kind of nice man, direct and to the point. An older man probably in his 70's.
He didn't stamp my passport though, because he said that the card will be in the mail in about 3 weeks.
We celebrated, and had dinner at a restaurant and had champagne too
It's over..... done with..... we can now go on with our lives.....
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudolf.
Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!!! (Don't know what that is in Dutch, but congrats anyway!). It's been over a year since I got my GC, but whenever anybody else is successful I still get the same buzz. Welcome!
Old May 20th 2006, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
Wow way to go guys. Huge Congrats to finally have this major hurdle behind you. Nice to see you celebrated it too!
Now lets see how long (or hopefully short) the wait is for your GC to arrive in the mail. Mine only took 7 days but were told to expect it in 2 ro 3 weeks so fingers crossed you have the same luck.

Shepslady
Thanks Shepslady wow, just 7 days for your GC.... I hope to get mine soon too.......
Old May 20th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Duuuuuuuuuude!!!!!! (Don't know what that is in Dutch, but congrats anyway!). It's been over a year since I got my GC, but whenever anybody else is successful I still get the same buzz. Welcome!
Dude in Dutch, you got me there.... let me think about that one
but thanks anyway nettlebed. And about that buzz, I have had that since the day Patricia came into my life.....
Old May 20th 2006, 10:28 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guy's

We had a appointment for 1.45 pm at the Louisville,KY branch. We were there a bit early, I'd say about 1.15 pm.
At about 1.30 Patricia was called into the office (I expected me to be first). He first had her sworn in to tell the truth, and then asked for the bills and photo's. (later turned out that that was all he wanted to see). He asked her questions like:
*How often have you been to The Netherlands and how often has Rudolf been to the USA?
*Where we honeymooned?
He then came out and called my name, and swore me in to tell the truth, and asked me the same questions.
About the house we said that we were trying to sell it, and buy a new house together. He was ok with that.
That was pretty much it really. We were outside at 1.50 pm..... it took all but 20 minutes.
He was a kind of nice man, direct and to the point. An older man probably in his 70's.
He didn't stamp my passport though, because he said that the card will be in the mail in about 3 weeks.

Rudolf.

So they interviewed you separately??
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy to hear the interview was a success!!
Old May 20th 2006, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of lightScarlett2004 is a glorious beacon of light

And about that buzz, I have had that since the day Patricia came into my life.....
Ahhh... what a lucky lady she is! Congrats on the successful interview!
Old May 20th 2006, 12:28 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Toon & I put our heads together.... "duuuuuuuude!" as in "congratulations, mate!" doesn't translate well from English to Dutch. In Mexican Spanish I would say "ese vatoooooo!"
Old May 21st 2006, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Thanks Maria....
Old May 21st 2006, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scarlett2004
Ahhh... what a lucky lady she is! Congrats on the successful interview!
Thank you very much Scarlett2004
Old May 21st 2006, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
We were also interviewed separately when we had our AOS interview in
2002. I think it's SOP for the L'ville office.
Old May 21st 2006, 2:12 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Hi guy's

*Where we honeymooned?

Rudolf.

Thanks for sharing.... I'll also be going for my AOS interview at the Louisville office on the 20th June. I'm assuming he (the CIS officer) told you that you had no security checks still pending and that is why you'll be receiving your GC in a few weeks.... Kind of what I'm hoping for, because just like your case, mine has progressed very quickly.

Best,
Sean
Old May 21st 2006, 4:40 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psychobabbler1
So, you compared notes afterwards, of course. Were there any particular questions that you identified as the ones designed to smoke out fake applicants?

Netto (GC holder since 2/2005, so not looking to defraud here...)
Old May 21st 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by psychobabbler1
Do you guys have huge age difference or something like that, something that triggered you to be interviewed separately (or do they randomly choose couples)?
thanks for sharing
Old May 21st 2006, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
Do you guys have huge age difference or something like that, something that triggered you to be interviewed separately (or do they randomly choose couples)?
AFAIK, the Louisville office has always interviewed couples separately. It was this way in 2001 when Sheila and I were interviewed and, to date, I've not heard of anything different.

Ian
Old May 22nd 2006, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seanus
Thanks for sharing.... I'll also be going for my AOS interview at the Louisville office on the 20th June. I'm assuming he (the CIS officer) told you that you had no security checks still pending and that is why you'll be receiving your GC in a few weeks.... Kind of what I'm hoping for, because just like your case, mine has progressed very quickly.

Best,
Sean
You're welcome
The Officer was an older man, I would say in his upper 60's.... grumpy, but who cares. He did say that my security checks came out clean.
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

psychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychobabbler1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by curiousmelon
thanks for sharing

Nope. Both in our 30's, both professionals. We got complimented on having our info so well organized. As I said, separate interviews is the norm for L'ville.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.