AOS appointment letter

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

JuMu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS appointment letter

The LETTER arrived yesterday.
In little more than one month we will have our interview at the Seattle office to make me a permanent resident of this beautiful country

First thing i noticed was that the letter was not from INS, but the 'Department of Homeland Security'.

It took about 6 and a half months from filing AOS based on a Visa Waiver marriage to getting the appointment letter.

Happy and excited
JuMu
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Kiwaberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!

That made me think, maybe they are so slow sending out peoples approvals because they are too busy changing the stationary? Hehehe.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS appointment letter

Originally posted by JuMu
The LETTER arrived yesterday.
In little more than one month we will have our interview at the Seattle office to make me a permanent resident of this beautiful country

First thing i noticed was that the letter was not from INS, but the 'Department of Homeland Security'.

It took about 6 and a half months from filing AOS based on a Visa Waiver marriage to getting the appointment letter.

Happy and excited
JuMu

Nice going JuMu. Now you can start getting all your documentation together, putting it in order, photocopying, two hole punching, worrying and nitpicking over what to do and not do ;-)

Ain't life in the BCIS lane fun?

Rete
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

JuMu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx Kiwa and Rete,

actually after all the Homeland Security stuff going on in the last months I wasn't expecting the interview to be that soon.

I am hardly trying not to worry.
I have read so many postings in these group about what documents / evidence they brought to the interview and how the questioning is going on, that we probably will be more than prepared.

Thanks everyone for posting their experiences!

My hubby was sweet. He asked 'What evidence do they want? If they see us, they will know we belong together'

Greetings
JuMu
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NevAnna is an unknown quantity at this point

Best wishes to you and sweet hubby, JuMu Congratulations!