Is this an AOS appointment?

Wikiposts

Is this an AOS appointment?

Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

ChiMiigwech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this an AOS appointment?

Hello people,
I just checked my mail today and was quite shocked to find a letter from USCIS about a scheduled interview appointment in January. The letter states “reason of appointment: application for adjustment of status�. USCIS also enclosed a check list of docs to bring with me to the interview.

I filed for AOS on Sept 4th, 2003 at Tucson sub office. From what I read, it’s common to have to wait at least 2 years for the interview. That’s why I was so shocked to find that letter in the mail. It’s still so hard for me to believe that.

My question is: is this really the appointment for the AOS interview? I know this sounds stupid, but I really want to make sure that I’m not mistaken. Since I have no idea on how the letter might look like.

Another question: I filed for AP on Nov, 10th. If the letter really is concerning my AOS interview, what should I do about my AP application? Does this mean that I threw away $110 for nothing (since it's non-refundable)?

Thanks in advance,
Yanne

PS. Does anybody know what happened to k1.exit.com?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:33 pm

maximus76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is this an AOS appointment?

Originally posted by yannecantik
Hello people,
I just checked my mail today and was quite shocked to find a letter from USCIS about a scheduled interview appointment in January. The letter states “reason of appointment: application for adjustment of status�. USCIS also enclosed a check list of docs to bring with me to the interview.

I filed for AOS on Sept 4th, 2003 at Tucson sub office. From what I read, it’s common to have to wait at least 2 years for the interview. That’s why I was so shocked to find that letter in the mail. It’s still so hard for me to believe that.

My question is: is this really the appointment for the AOS interview? I know this sounds stupid, but I really want to make sure that I’m not mistaken. Since I have no idea on how the letter might look like.

Another question: I filed for AP on Nov, 10th. If the letter really is concerning my AOS interview, what should I do about my AP application? Does this mean that I threw away $110 for nothing (since it's non-refundable)?

Thanks in advance,
Yanne

sounds like you have an interview coming up! That's super fast, wow!!! Do you have enough evidence? Did you check your case status online? what does it say?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

It definitely sounds like an interview letter to me, so you probably did throw away the fee for the AP. You can try asking based on the fact that you are paying for consideration of the application. If it hasn't been considered, maybe the fee wouldn't apply? Even if you wind up eating the fee, take the early interview as a gift. You'll save as much as the AP fee since you won't have to get interim work permission.

K1exit is gone, there was a thread started a few days ago, try searching on Doc Steen.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by maximus76
sounds like you have an interview coming up! That's super fast, wow!!! Do you have enough evidence? Did you check your case status online? what does it say?
Thanks for your reply

I tried to check my status online by entering my receipt number and nothing happen. The number and character on my receipt don't even have the right digit. I filed for AOS in person, so they never sent any notice concerning my application #. Beside, I've already prepared myself for a long waiting period.

I think we have enough evidence. But they always say that when it comes to dealing with INS, it's better to have more than enough of everything. So, my husband and I will start gathering more evidence.

Yanne
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

gardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nicegardener is just really nice

I wouldn't consider your paid AP fee wasted just yet. Don't assume you get your green card immediately after the AOS interview. Having received the appointment date so soon after applying could mean that your security clearance might not have been resolved by the time of the interview, meaning issuance of your green card could very well be delayed until after your trip.

Originally posted by yannecantik
Hello people,

Thanks in advance,
Yanne

Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pallyn
It definitely sounds like an interview letter to me, so you probably did throw away the fee for the AP. You can try asking based on the fact that you are paying for consideration of the application. If it hasn't been considered, maybe the fee wouldn't apply? Even if you wind up eating the fee, take the early interview as a gift. You'll save as much as the AP fee since you won't have to get interim work permission.

K1exit is gone, there was a thread started a few days ago, try searching on Doc Steen.

Thanks Pallyn.

I might try asking about how to get my AP fee back, but I won't sweat it if it's wasted.

What is interim work permission? Is it the same as EAD? I already got my EAD. I apply for AOS and EAD at the same time.

Yanne