Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS application - Check or Money Order?

AOS application - Check or Money Order?

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:12 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough
Default AOS application - Check or Money Order?

Hi,

Which is the quickest? I only have 60 days until my H1-B expires, and the faster I receive some sort of receipt the better!

As far as the 90 days go (when I can walk in and pick up my EAD) if I send the AOS package UPS overnight, can I use the overnight receipt as the start date for the 90 day count?

Thanks!

Chris
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:33 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS application - Check or Money Order?

Originally posted by csf
Hi,

Which is the quickest? I only have 60 days until my H1-B expires, and the faster I receive some sort of receipt the better!

As far as the 90 days go (when I can walk in and pick up my EAD) if I send the AOS package UPS overnight, can I use the overnight receipt as the start date for the 90 day count?

Thanks!

Chris
Personally I used a check so that I could track when they cashed it...BUT I believe some places don't take personal check's (it depends on the office). I don't know if it's quicker than a money order though.
Your 90 days will start from the date of their acknowledgement. In my case I received a letter stating the "notice of receipt" date (about 3 weeks after I sent it in), but again some people don't get those letters...it all depends on the office.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by csf
Hi,

Thanks!

Chris

From the USCIS website on NYC:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...m#anchor155614

Checks, Money Orders, etc. send whatever is better for you. We always used checks, easier to check as to when cashed. Write individual ones for each petition and don't forget the $50 for the fingrprinting which is separate.

Rete
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:55 am
csf
BE Enthusiast

csf will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
From the USCIS website on NYC:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...m#anchor155614

Checks, Money Orders, etc. send whatever is better for you. We always used checks, easier to check as to when cashed. Write individual ones for each petition and don't forget the $50 for the fingrprinting which is separate.

Rete
Thanks Rete. I know you mentioned this earlier, but just to make sure, how long will it take from when I send off my AOS application that the 90 day clock will start ticking? I have read a few posts stating they didn't receive a receipt for almost 3 weeks! This would be terrible for me as I don't have too long!

Thanks.