Wikiposts

AOS, AP, SSN guidance

Old Dec 8th 2003, 11:16 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default AOS, AP, SSN guidance

Any info is welcomed.

I have the I-485 package which I downloaded from the USCIS site. I know I don't need to send in the I-130 but a copy of the NOA 2 instead.
I will also be applying for the AP.

Questions:
  1. As I'm in MD, I'll be sending my package to VSC?
    This is what I've read, clarification would be appreciated.
  2. Is it ok to send the I-131 in with my I-485 package or would it be best to walk it in? If so, where would I do this to?
  3. I'm planning on applying for my SSN very soon, (we're getting married on Friday and I want the SSN to be in my married name). Where would I go to get this done? Is it best to get it done in person or by mail?

Any and ALL help would be appreciated with these questions.
Thanks in advance.

Tam
Old Dec 8th 2003, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice
Default Re: AOS, AP, SSN guidance

I think I can help you out with a few of your Qs. If you are in MD, you WILL mail your forms to VSC. Take a look on this site for postings regarding putting together your application - it is best to avoid RFEs (requests for evidence) if something is missing or not filled in correctly since this can delay them transferring your stuff to Baltimore.
Once they have your complete application they will notify you that they have sent it to Baltimore. Regarding your AP - the Baltimore website says you have to apply in person to the Baltimore office to get this - you can only do this once you have your reciept from VSC that they are processing your paperwork (ie you have to be in the system already).
For your SSN - I would recommend going in person - that way you can take all your documents with you to avoid having to mail in originals, and can answer any Qs they have directly - you have more chance of walking out with a number. Go to the SSN website and search for your nearest office. Print out the form and fill it in ahead of time - and make sure you go early and expect a line!

Hope this helps!

Jo

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Any info is welcomed.

I have the I-485 package which I downloaded from the USCIS site. I know I don't need to send in the I-130 but a copy of the NOA 2 instead.
I will also be applying for the AP.

Questions:
  1. As I'm in MD, I'll be sending my package to VSC?
    This is what I've read, clarification would be appreciated.
  2. Is it ok to send the I-131 in with my I-485 package or would it be best to walk it in? If so, where would I do this to?
  3. I'm planning on applying for my SSN very soon, (we're getting married on Friday and I want the SSN to be in my married name). Where would I go to get this done? Is it best to get it done in person or by mail?

Any and ALL help would be appreciated with these questions.
Thanks in advance.

Tam
Old Dec 8th 2003, 2:07 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your help Jo.

I'm not much good at getting out of bed early but I'm sure I'll manage it when it comes to doing something as important as this!! LOL

You're a star!

Take care

Tam
Old Dec 8th 2003, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Good luck! Keep me updated with how you get on. I'm just down the road in Rockville, and working through the process myself (although I never went through the K-visa thing so can't sympathize too much with that!)

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Thanks for your help Jo.

I'm not much good at getting out of bed early but I'm sure I'll manage it when it comes to doing something as important as this!! LOL

You're a star!

Take care

Tam