Wikiposts

Aos

Old Jan 6th 2003, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default Aos

Hi,

Just got married in December! Now I have my AOS package and EAD Application form. I see I need a vaccination supplement from an approved doctor. I had all my vaccinations and have records. Do I still need to pay to have this vaccination supplement signed? The doctor's surgery is telling me I have to pay $110 for a full medical???

Any advice much appreciated!

Marguerite
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aos

Hi Marguerite,

I hear you...

We got married back in December too on k1 and have been driving ourselves crazy with this vaccination suplement news.

So far we have discovered that every office has different procedures.

CT (Hartford) says I do need the supplement which means you do have to call the 1-800 INS line and find out who are designated civil surgeons in your area, then call them and tell them you do not need a complete medical (You can get proof of it on the INS page "frequently asked questions about I-693 medical form" : where they say K´s have a waiver for that whole medical exam and need ONLY the vaccine record)

When you find a nice surgeon that understand the situation bring all your vaccinations recorsd and they will sign a form for about 50$.....if you are up to date or will offer to give you the shots and charge a lot... I know it is unbelieveble !

Also read a new topic I just wrote: AOS surprise: chickenpox

best,

groovy
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Margueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really niceMargueriteuk is just really nice
Default AOS Vaccination Supplement

Thanks a lot for that Groovy.

I too got married in Connecticut in December. I arrived at JFK in November on a K1 visa and was not given an EAD stamp but an out of date application form which was duly returned to me rejected by the Vermont Service Centre as the fees had increased!

I thought I had to apply to Vermont for the EAD and AOS? It seems that you are applying to Hartford? Any advice there? You have helped a lot with clearing up the vaccination confusion!

Marguerite
Old Jan 6th 2003, 10:46 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Vaccination Supplement

Originally posted by Margueriteuk
Thanks a lot for that Groovy.

I too got married in Connecticut in December. I arrived at JFK in November on a K1 visa and was not given an EAD stamp but an out of date application form which was duly returned to me rejected by the Vermont Service Centre as the fees had increased!

I thought I had to apply to Vermont for the EAD and AOS? It seems that you are applying to Hartford? Any advice there? You have helped a lot with clearing up the vaccination confusion!

Marguerite
Follow Groovy's lead and file for everything in Hartford, CT INS office. The only people to use the Vermont Service Center are those that are living in the Baltimore, MD area.
Do you have a copy of your vaccination report from the K-1 medical? Did you have a test for chicken pox antibodies or the vaccination? Apparently, Hartford is like Newark, NJ and requires the I-693 supplement regardless of whether you came on a K-1 or not.

Rete
Old Jan 6th 2003, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aos

Originally posted by Margueriteuk
Hi,

Just got married in December! Now I have my AOS package and EAD Application form. I see I need a vaccination supplement from an approved doctor. I had all my vaccinations and have records. Do I still need to pay to have this vaccination supplement signed? The doctor's surgery is telling me I have to pay $110 for a full medical???

Any advice much appreciated!

Marguerite
Great !

It is good to find someone in the area who is going through the same.

Let´s keep in touch...

And yes, as Rete said, we have to file in Hartford, in person. Check their rules and times at the INS web page local offices.

best,
g
Old Jan 7th 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: AOS Vaccination Supplement

Originally posted by Rete
Follow Groovy's lead and file for everything in Hartford, CT INS office. The only people to use the Vermont Service Center are those that are living in the Baltimore, MD area.
Do you have a copy of your vaccination report from the K-1 medical? Did you have a test for chicken pox antibodies or the vaccination? Apparently, Hartford is like Newark, NJ and requires the I-693 supplement regardless of whether you came on a K-1 or not.

Rete
Thanks Rete,

I will do everything from Hartford now. I can't believe I need more vaccination records from the Civil Surgeon. I rang the 3 designated doctors in my area and was told by 2 I needed a full medical, despite my comments to the contrary. The third was more understanding but still said I needed to pay at least $110 even if my vaccinations were up to date. She said if not it could be up to $400!!!!!!!!

To top it all they don't accept my medical insurance card. I haven't got a record of a chickenpox vaccination but I did have the illness after I was injected with it! I have the scar but that's not enough proof it seems. I'll have the antibody test as you advise.
I will then finally be able to file my EAD and AOS, hopefully next week so maybe by mid April I will have work authorisation before I need to start begging for money on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,
A rather despondent and incredulous Marguerite