Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone watching homeland security usa??

Wikiposts

anyone watching homeland security usa??

Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone watching homeland security usa??

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
There was a community of Sikhs in my neighborhood growing up. Somehow it got started amongst us kids that they worshipped heads of cabbage.
Did their kids worship sprouts?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:00 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
Did their kids worship sprouts?
Oddly enough, I don't ever remember seeing any of their kids. They were probably kept well hidden from us neighborhood youths.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the episode last night made them all look a little stupid. To summarize:

1. They caught someone with fake drugs, no charge.
2. They caught someone with a miniscule amount of marujana, no charge.
3. They stopped what turned out to a 5-year old american from crossing the border, no charge.
4. They caught a spotter, told him he can't go to the US (couldn't anyway) and then sent him home to Mexico, where he was presumably heading anyway.
5. Stopped some Americans in a rental car, no charge.
6. Stopped a drunk driver... got her arrested after several hours... though that of course has nothing to do with border patrol.
7. Stopped a guy with a skull and a couple of guns, no charge.
8. Possibly got a single dad deported... awesome.

Anyone feel the reign of terror has been lessened as a result of these efforts!?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:49 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
I thought the episode last night made them all look a little stupid. To summarize:

3. They stopped what turned out to a 5-year old american from crossing the border, no charge.
4. They caught a spotter, told him he can't go to the US (couldn't anyway) and then sent him home to Mexico, where he was presumably heading anyway.
6. Stopped a drunk driver... got her arrested after several hours... though that of course has nothing to do with border patrol.

Anyone feel the reign of terror has been lessened as a result of these efforts!?

Very probably with the five year old.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Ha thanks, don't need to watch it now!

I thought the best bit from last week was the dude who tried to bring all the glass pipes back from Mexico. He wanted a refund, fantastic!

I didn't quite get why they confiscated them though, they were brand new, it's not like they had residue in them. He should have told them they were art.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Watched it for the first time last night. I loved the episode about the skull in the Tennessee car. I was surprised that they let him go so easily after finding a second gun in the car.
Not that it was a concern for the US border folks, but that guy must also have taken those guns into Canada illegally in the first place.

I also watched for the first time last night. Kind of interesting, but the interlaced format sucks and there's too much of an undercurrent of patriotic hogwash for my liking.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:17 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Not that it was a concern for the US border folks, but that guy must also have taken those guns into Canada illegally in the first place.

I also watched for the first time last night. Kind of interesting, but the interlaced format sucks and there's too much of an undercurrent of patriotic hogwash for my liking.
Maybe he bought them (illegally) in Canada? *Disclaimer* I haven't seen the episode.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope! The single dad claimed he never got the NTA in Immigration court and that's probably the truth. We all know how accurate the USCIS/USPS mailing system is Even when you don't move, they manage to send it to the wrong address or never at all!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
Nope! The single dad claimed he never got the NTA in Immigration court and that's probably the truth. We all know how accurate the USCIS/USPS mailing system is Even when you don't move, they manage to send it to the wrong address or never at all!
My favorite was the trainee officer looking through the rental car of "suspicious" Americans... "they have a map with Denny's marked on it".

Oh, the humanity!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 6:09 am
Unmitigated Gall

My favorite was the trainee officer looking through the rental car of "suspicious" Americans... "they have a map with Denny's marked on it".

Oh, the humanity!
Could have been a very clever prop.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh, the humanity!
Those two with the rental car were weird though you have to admit!

I watched it last night, very entertaining. When I first heard about this show I suspected it would be pure anti-immigration propoganda, but it's almost the opposite. The people who come off looking the stupidest are all american citizens, (ie. drunk driver lady, guy with 86 racketeering convictions trying to cross into canada, kids with weed in their car crossing the border, dude with human skull that he took from the dump.)

The 5yr old mexican-american girl was a really sad case I thought. It sucks to be locked up overnight in a cell like that. And it seemed to be that the mother refused to come get her because she was scared of the immigration officers. It would have been nice to see them explore that situation a bit more.