Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone watching homeland security usa??

Wikiposts

anyone watching homeland security usa??

Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:31 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone watching homeland security usa??

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Artistically, it flipped around too much and didn't develop the stories. But for the MTV generation, I suppose.....
are you implying that im young???????????????????????????????????

good job!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:42 pm
Banned

katieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud ofkatieuk has much to be proud of

Oh, Jesus Christmas - I'm watching it - and the scary dude who interrogates Radiation Man at the Blaine Crossing looks EXACTLY like Ray's Xmas Avatar
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:53 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone for Barbecued Bat yummie!!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well I enjoined the show ...its meant too be entertainment
and it was.. Some of it looked a bit staged..and probably was ..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

pianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant futurepianoplayer has a brilliant future

Mindless propaganda!

Those refused entry are not fed pot noodle and hamburgers! Most complain they're not even given anything to drink, never mind eat!

What was with the Iranians and terrorism in the Canadian border? We kept hearing the words terrorist but there was no evidence. and they were merely refused entry. Brown skin = terrorist, I assume?

What's with the reassurance for the guy they thought was an armed and dangerous fugitive at the Tijauna border given for? They'd obviously already done this before as the wife so stated, so why didn't they tell him how to cross without this palaver last time. Lying knuts! They'll carry on doing their action man stunts everytime the poor family crosses.

All that money not for the war on terrorism but the equally useless war on drugs. Does ABC have any real journalists? It would seem not!
Actually, if you look at the final credits, this show is a copy of the Australian show, "Australian Customs and Border Protection," which I saw while on vacation there.

I rather enjoyed the Australian show, which was more technically oriented (without of course disclosing all the details) and included much more complete footage of the investigations and interrogations of those trying to enter the country with fake passports, those trying to work illegitimately, and those trying to bring in all sorts of strange products/drugs. Some of the people's stories/justifications were amazing!

So, with much anticipation, I sat down for the US version. I should have known better. In typical US-style, it has been overdramatized, overproduced, and is filled with propaganda-style messages. Remember the TSA agent's speech? For some, it may be touching, but for me it detracted from the program itself. I also wish they wouldn't split cases up into segments, where one is left to follow 3-4 cases at the same time. It would be nice to follow one case at a time in detail.

The Swiss girl was funny though!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:29 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Well I enjoined the show ...its meant too be entertainment
and it was.. Some of it looked a bit staged..and probably was ..
Yes I agree and I will be looking forward to next weeks show!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:37 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
http://abc.go.com/primetime/homelandsecurity/

Dammit, this means I am going to miss Lost, too.
grrrrr
No problem, just watch "fringe" instead.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pianoplayer
Actually, if you look at the final credits, this show is a copy of the Australian show, "Australian Customs and Border Protection," which I saw while on vacation there.

I rather enjoyed the Australian show, which was more technically oriented (without of course disclosing all the details) and included much more complete footage of the investigations and interrogations of those trying to enter the country with fake passports, those trying to work illegitimately, and those trying to bring in all sorts of strange products/drugs. Some of the people's stories/justifications were amazing!

So, with much anticipation, I sat down for the US version. I should have known better. In typical US-style, it has been overdramatized, overproduced, and is filled with propaganda-style messages. Remember the TSA agent's speech? For some, it may be touching, but for me it detracted from the program itself. I also wish they wouldn't split cases up into segments, where one is left to follow 3-4 cases at the same time. It would be nice to follow one case at a time in detail.

The Swiss girl was funny though!

Yeah I saw the Australian show in England a while ago. That show was quite entertaining.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:57 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

The bit where the Swiss girl wanted a refund on her airline ticket was a hoot.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by g1ant
The bit where the Swiss girl wanted a refund on her airline ticket was a hoot.
She sure was missing the bright button.

Her blouse was revealing, flat as pancakes but never the less lol
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:18 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Artistically, it flipped around too much and didn't develop the stories. But for the MTV generation, I suppose.....
FFS FB artistic? There's no art in shite like that
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget if you missed a TV show...most that are on the broadcast channels can be watched on your PC at a later date. Just go to the network's website.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 7th 2009 at 3:46 am. Reason: type:o
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I did catch a bit of the show. So, did the Swiss girl get sent back, or did they let her in because her boobs were too mesmerizing
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:43 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
I did catch a bit of the show. So, did the Swiss girl get sent back, or did they let her in because her boobs were too mesmerizing
Maybe I won't junk the TV just yet...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:51 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Don't forget if you missed a TV show...most that are on the broadcast channels can be watched on your PC at a later date. Just go to the network's website.
I missed it last night and I went to ABC's website and they have a few clips on there but not the full episode. I hope they put the whole thing up I did see some of the Swiss girl and she was funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.