Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone rescheduled AOS Interview?

Wikiposts

Anyone rescheduled AOS Interview?

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone rescheduled AOS Interview?

Originally Posted by Songbird
YIPPIE!!! congrats!!!! - so glad it went ok for you and hubby
If the follow up is anything like ours was you will receive your CR-1 in a few days. I was told zackly the same thing and when I 'pushed' the issue slightly was told that basically it's just a formality, that the IO recommends approval and the next person up the chain just makes sure all the 'i's and t's are crossed, and that nothing has been overlooked - so looks like you're good to go!

Yes the Pittsburgh office does seem a lot more friendly than some of the other offices I have heard reports from, and the staff are indeed very welcoming - makes such a difference when you are met by security that genuinely seem to appreciate how nervous you are and greet you with a smile I would imagine the Steelers Super Bowl win would have added a little extra to that. YAY! for Pitts USCIS!

Congrats once again!!
Thank you all!!

Wow, that would be great if we heard sooner!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:46 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, EB! Eager for your WElcome Letter news.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well done, EB! Eager for your WElcome Letter news.
Thanks, i'll give you an update when I get my letter! Fingers crossed!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Got my approval letter in the mail yesterday - I am officially a permanent resident! Yay! Just waiting on my card to come through now.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Got my approval letter in the mail yesterday - I am officially a permanent resident!
WooHoo!

Ian
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic News!!!!!!!!!

Now don't relax too much. You still need to accumulate documentation for the removal of conditions in one year and 9 months.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
WooHoo!

Ian
Thanks Ian!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
Fantastic News!!!!!!!!!

Now don't relax too much. You still need to accumulate documentation for the removal of conditions in one year and 9 months.
Yeah, thanks! We plan on getting things together right away. We didn't have a lot for the AOS interview, as we haven't been married long, but now it's all systems go!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:50 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, thanks! We plan on getting things together right away. We didn't have a lot for the AOS interview, as we haven't been married long, but now it's all systems go!
Wonderful news

FYI I gave them 3 weeks notice that I was not going to attend and they closed my case, I had to file a motion to re-open.

Last edited by Poppy girl; Feb 10th 2009 at 3:11 am.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Wondeful news

FYI I gave them 3 weeks notice that I was not going to attend and they closed my case, I had to file a motion to re-open.
Thanks Poppy girl!

Wow - I'm so glad that we were able to go without rescheduling! After looking around and getting advice on here it did seem like we should make every effort to get there, so that's what we did. Turned out great - very little snow and ice on the roads.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:54 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you and hubby!!!

(another for the Pitts USCIS )
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Got my approval letter in the mail yesterday - I am officially a permanent resident! Yay! Just waiting on my card to come through now.
WooHoo! Time to string out the celebrations.. runs right into V-Day.. could be fun this week!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Got my green card in the mail yesterday!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to file taxes with hubby!?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Got my green card in the mail yesterday!!!
WooHoo! Congratulations.

Ian