Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone know why EAD's are approved so randomly?

Anyone know why EAD's are approved so randomly?

Old May 12th 2004, 11:38 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know why EAD's are approved so randomly?

Hi, all.

After getting more and more annoyed when I see March approvals creeping through for NBC/MSC EAD apps, I can't help but wonder what their reasoning is.

They've left out so many of Feb, it's not even funny, and not to mention the poor buggers who filed even before that. How do they prioritize which apps are approved first, and what the heck difference should it make? We all want and/or need to work, otherwise we wouldn't have applied for the dam thing in the first place. Surely it costs them more money to print interims than it would just to approve an app and provide one card? Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me getting on my high horse again?

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 12th 2004, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

culverabbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone know why EAD's are approved so randomly?

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, all.

After getting more and more annoyed when I see March approvals creeping through for NBC/MSC EAD apps, I can't help but wonder what their reasoning is.

They've left out so many of Feb, it's not even funny, and not to mention the poor buggers who filed even before that. How do they prioritize which apps are approved first, and what the heck difference should it make? We all want and/or need to work, otherwise we wouldn't have applied for the dam thing in the first place. Surely it costs them more money to print interims than it would just to approve an app and provide one card? Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me getting on my high horse again?

Kate. xxxxx
hi kate!
count me as a "poor bugger" who filed earlier than february... my receipt notice says december something or other but my notice date is January 6th and still haven't heard anything about my EAD - luckily I have my interim (thank God that they have that in place!)

abbie
Old May 12th 2004, 12:31 pm
Deb

I agree Kate!!! My receipt date is mid February and we just received the the "Notice of Action" last week, went to Columbus on Thursday and completed the biometrics/fingerprints, and are waiting.

BTW, I thought I'd read that they use the "Received Date" as the date you begin to count the 90 days before you can get a interim EAD. But abbie, is that incorrect? Do they actually use the "Notice Date" as the beginning of the 90-days?

If that's true, our "Notice Date" is April 29. Yikes!!!!

Old May 12th 2004, 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Deb
I agree Kate!!! My receipt date is mid February and we just received the the "Notice of Action" last week, went to Columbus on Thursday and completed the biometrics/fingerprints, and are waiting.

BTW, I thought I'd read that they use the "Received Date" as the date you begin to count the 90 days before you can get a interim EAD. But abbie, is that incorrect? Do they actually use the "Notice Date" as the beginning of the 90-days?

They received your app in mid Feb, and you only just got your NOA at the end of April????????? That's beyond insane!!!!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 12th 2004, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

culverabbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Deb

Deb,

WHO KNOWS! ive heard differing opinions...it's like the people on the help line flip a coin - "heads its this, tails its that" mentality!!! I called up the hotline a while ago and the lady told me that it was the notice date they go by, but others on this NG say that it's the receipt notice...all i can say is set yourself up for the notice date and you'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes early!

good luck!
abbie
Old May 12th 2004, 4:29 pm
groovalicious

phunklounge is an unknown quantity at this point

At my local office in Minnesota I was told I got get an interim 90 days after the "Received Date". I am pretty sure the policy varies from district to district...

Hope you guys get your EADs soon! I've got my fingers crossed!

Christian <---- happily back at work!
Old May 12th 2004, 4:52 pm

Originally posted by culverabbie
Deb,

WHO KNOWS! ive heard differing opinions...it's like the people on the help line flip a coin - "heads its this, tails its that" mentality!!! I called up the hotline a while ago and the lady told me that it was the notice date they go by, but others on this NG say that it's the receipt notice...all i can say is set yourself up for the notice date and you'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes early!

good luck!
abbie
If they go by the notice date, that's a total disgrace. Those who's notice didn't arrive for weeks after their received date shouldn't have to suffer because of the incompetence of this agency. Immigrants are required to file in plenty of time, so they do, and they shouldn't have their process pushed back because of a technicality. Send all the apps to me, I'll make sure they get processed quickly!!!!! Makes me soooooo frustrated!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 12th 2004, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, all.

Kate. xxxxx
Immigration seems to have no rhyme or reason with who gets what when.

A good example for that is....when we arrived for Steve's oath ceremony we ended up next to two women, who as it happened were sister-in-laws. One being British, the other French. (Brit was married to the French lady's brother who had become naturalized years ago.). They sent in their N-400 on the same day, were fingerprinted on the same day, and had their N-400 interview in Cleveland on the same day. BUT, the French woman was getting sworn in and the Brit hadn't heard a thing from immigration as to when her oath ceremony would be. Now does that take the cake or what??

Lisa
Old May 12th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Mailed mine at the end of Feb and haven't received anything yet. 91 days after the check was cashed I plan on making a trip to my local office. Probably for nothing as she hasn't done biometrics...

They received your app in mid Feb, and you only just got your NOA at the end of April????????? That's beyond insane!!!!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 12th 2004, 5:59 pm
Deb

Yep, it's frustrating not knowing what date to use and getting different answers.

lpdiver - that's another deflating thing. While the "Receive Date" is mid-February, the notice date AND the date they cashed our checks is April.

So it looks like it might be 90 days from the April date. Gosh that's disappointing....and frustrating.

Old May 12th 2004, 11:56 pm
Jennifer Raccuglia

They need to come up with a temporary solution while they work on a
solution for the backlog. Why not issue a restricted interim EAD when
they RECEIVE the application or when they ISSUE the NOA or when they
receive fingerprints at least? The restrictions would be based on
whatever INS is scared is going to happen if they are allowed to work.
The problem is it's a gov't agency and noone gives a crap about
reforming/fixing gov't agencies.

katesuiter1 <member6776@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, all.
    >
    > After getting more and more annoyed when I see March approvals
    > creeping through for NBC/MSC EAD apps, I can't help but wonder what
    > their reasoning is.
    >
    > They've left out so many of Feb, it's not even
    > funny, and not to mention the poor buggers who filed even before that.
    > How do they prioritize which apps are approved first, and what the heck
    > difference should it make? We all want and/or need to work, otherwise we
    > wouldn't have applied for the dam thing in the first place. Surely it
    > costs them more money to print interims than it would just to approve an
    > app and provide one card? Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just
    > me getting on my high horse again?
    >
    > Kate. xxxxx

Old May 13th 2004, 12:01 am
Jennifer Raccuglia

solution for the backlog. Why not issue a restricted interim EAD when
they RECEIVE the application or when they ISSUE the NOA or when they
receive fingerprints at least? The restrictions would be based on
whatever INS is scared is going to happen if they are allowed to work.
The problem is it's a gov't agency and noone gives a crap about
reforming/fixing gov't agencies.

katesuiter1 <member6776@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi, all.
    >
    > After getting more and more annoyed when I see March approvals
    > creeping through for NBC/MSC EAD apps, I can't help but wonder what
    > their reasoning is.
    >
    > They've left out so many of Feb, it's not even
    > funny, and not to mention the poor buggers who filed even before that.
    > How do they prioritize which apps are approved first, and what the heck
    > difference should it make? We all want and/or need to work, otherwise we
    > wouldn't have applied for the dam thing in the first place. Surely it
    > costs them more money to print interims than it would just to approve an
    > app and provide one card? Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just
    > me getting on my high horse again?
    >
    > Kate. xxxxx

Old May 13th 2004, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally posted by Jennifer Raccuglia
solution for the backlog...
Or a permanent solution: issue the EAD with the visa.
Old May 13th 2004, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Exactly!!
Old May 13th 2004, 12:34 am
kud
BE Enthusiast

kud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Hey we are talking government here, that would make to much sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.