Wikiposts

anyone have Packet 4

Old Feb 14th 2002, 6:42 am
Hog

Default anyone have Packet 4

I need help with a question. In packet 4 they send a letter called, "Immigrant Visa
Supplemental Information Sheet" or DSL-1083. It talks about getting police
certificates and other records. It has a list of countries that police certificates
are not available from.

I have a copy of the letter I downloaded from a web site, but I don't know if it is
the current one. The letter I have is dated 4-98. I'm hoping someone who has
received packet 4 can tell me the current revision date on the letter.

If there is a more current version, can you tell me if United Arab Emirates is one
of the countries on the list. Thanks.

Old Feb 14th 2002, 10:46 am
Ramona

Default Re: anyone have Packet 4 & Brasil

Do you have a copy or web site for the letter, I would like to know what is says
about Brazil. Thanks

"hog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] thlink.net>...
    > I need help with a question. In packet 4 they send a letter called, "Immigrant Visa
    > Supplemental Information Sheet" or DSL-1083. It talks about getting police
    > certificates and other records. It has a list of countries that police certificates
    > are not available from.
    >
    > I have a copy of the letter I downloaded from a web site, but I don't know if it
    > is the current one. The letter I have is dated 4-98. I'm hoping someone who has
    > received packet 4 can tell me the current revision date on the letter.
    >
    > If there is a more current version, can you tell me if United Arab Emirates is one
    > of the countries on the list. Thanks.

Old Feb 14th 2002, 4:45 pm
Hog

I downloaded a copy from a web site. For Brazil it says,,"Police certificates from
these countries are available only to persons physically present in the country who
apply in person".

However the date on the letter I have is 4-98. That is why I'm asking for someone who
recently got packet-4 to check and see if they are sending out the same letter.

"ramona" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Do you have a copy or web site for the letter, I would like to know what
is
    > says about Brazil. Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "hog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] thlink.net>...
    > > I need help with a question. In packet 4 they send a letter called, "Immigrant
    > > Visa Supplemental Information Sheet" or DSL-1083. It talks about getting police
    > > certificates and other records. It has a list of countries that police
    > > certificates are not available from.
    > >
    > > I have a copy of the letter I downloaded from a web site, but I don't know if it
    > > is the current one. The letter I have is dated 4-98. I'm hoping someone who has
    > > received packet 4 can tell me the current revision date on the letter.
    > >
    > > If there is a more current version, can you tell me if United Arab Emirates is
    > > one of the countries on the list. Thanks.

Old Feb 15th 2002, 12:25 am
Alvena Ferreira

See this URL from the US State Department. There is a phone number for the embassy on
this page if you pan down. I would call them to be sure if I had doubts. However I
think the info you already have is probably accurate. See this page also:
http://www.kamya.com/misc/polcert.html Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org

hog wrote:
    >
    > I downloaded a copy from a web site. For Brazil it says,,"Police certificates
    > from these countries are available only to persons physically present in the
    > country who apply in person".
    >
    > However the date on the letter I have is 4-98. That is why I'm asking for someone
    > who recently got packet-4 to check and see if they are sending out the same letter.
    >
    > "ramona" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Do you have a copy or web site for the letter, I would like to know what
    > is
    > > says about Brazil. Thanks
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "hog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected] thlink.net>...
    > > > I need help with a question. In packet 4 they send a letter called, "Immigrant
    > > > Visa Supplemental Information Sheet" or DSL-1083. It talks about getting police
    > > > certificates and other records. It has a list of countries that police
    > > > certificates are not available from.
    > > >
    > > > I have a copy of the letter I downloaded from a web site, but I don't know if
    > > > it is the current one. The letter I have is dated 4-98. I'm hoping someone who
    > > > has received packet 4 can tell me the current revision date on the letter.
    > > >
    > > > If there is a more current version, can you tell me if United Arab Emirates is
    > > > one of the countries on the list. Thanks.