Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone filed their I-130 in January 2013 and had their approval yet?

Wikiposts

Anyone filed their I-130 in January 2013 and had their approval yet?

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Sheilauk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone filed their I-130 in January 2013 and had their approval yet?

We filed on Jan 10th 2013 and have had an acknowledgement. On their website it said that they were processing applications for Jan 10th on January 24th and updated again on January 30th for January 10th. They are now processing application from Feb 1st. So what is happening to our application because if you take this literally it means that those on Jan 10th have been processed. What does this all mean and is it likely to take another 6 weeks? Thank you
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:49 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone filed their I-130 in January 2013 and had their approval yet?

Originally Posted by Sheilauk
We filed on Jan 10th 2013 and have had an acknowledgement. On their website it said that they were processing applications for Jan 10th on January 24th and updated again on January 30th for January 10th. They are now processing application from Feb 1st. So what is happening to our application because if you take this literally it means that those on Jan 10th have been processed. What does this all mean and is it likely to take another 6 weeks? Thank you
I take it you filed the I-130 directly to London?

The posted processing dates are just estimates. Yours may or may not fall into the posted processing times.

Rene
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 3:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone filed their I-130 in January 2013 and had their approval yet?

Filed to where?
We filed on Jan 10th 2013 and have had an acknowledgement.
Point of clarification - I-130 is not an application.
So what is happening to our application ...
Regards, JEff
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Yes we filed directly to the US Embassy London
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No, you filed to the USCIS field office in London. USCIS is not a part of the DOS and the USCIS field office is not a part of the embassy even though the office is located within the embassy compound.

Regards, JEff

Yes we filed directly to the US Embassy London
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Whatever jeffreyhy. Don't be so pedantic May I suggest if you cant think of anything helpful to say you just 'shut up'. Thank you
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:05 am

It's often important to understand what it is you're doing, so that you don't make mistakes or lead other people to make mistakes.
Whatever jeffreyhy. Don't be so pedantic
It might not have been helpful to you, but for many other people ignorance is not bliss and it can be important to understand what government agencies do what tasks, that USCIS is neither the embassy nor the consular section of an embassy.

You're welcome.
May I suggest if you cant think of anything helpful to say you just 'shut up'. Thank you

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:06 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever jeffreyhy. Don't be so pedantic May I suggest if you cant think of anything helpful to say you just 'shut up'. Thank you
Not so fast .. with US immigration you will learn to be very pedantic
or get blown out of the water
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

What he said was very helpful. May I suggest that insulting people you are asking for advise from is not a perticularly prudent course of action and that in turn you should 'shut up'?

Anyway to get back to the question, she applications take longer. Perhaps the background checks flagged something that needed a second look, or perhaps a check got lost in the paper shuffle that needs to be done again. I wouldn't worry for another couple of weeks. If you want to, you could always call the mis-information line and ask them, they might be able to help (!)
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:31 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

It means your I-130 is in the pile being processed. Will it take 6 weeks depends how big the pile is, but it doesn't usually seem to take that long once the file date is passed.

If it were me and they are processing Feb 1st, I'd send an email to check your result isn't missing in the post. This is where jeffreyhy answer was helpful because you need to send the email to the USCIS office and not the Embassy.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:33 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
If you want to, you could always call the mis-information line and ask them, they might be able to help (!)
That number only deals with visa applications not 1-130 processing. Two separate entities.

Last edited by lansbury; Feb 23rd 2013 at 4:42 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 5:01 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Visa Status Check

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help. I have sent an email as we haven't been given a number yet to check progress.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

I got a reply back very quickly! and we were approved on Feb 4th. Its a bit strange as I cant for the life of me think where the documents have gone. Oh well hopefully the next one will arrive! Thanks for your help especially with telling me that I can email them.