Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone familiar with the process?

Wikiposts

anyone familiar with the process?

Old Nov 29th 2002, 10:04 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone familiar with the process?

Hi, there!

Feeling a little better now. Told my betrothed about the TSC dates, we both had a "Who can shout the most obcenities" contest, cried a lot, and now I'm not too bad.

I do have a question for anyone who's familiar with the I-129F processing procedure though. I've seen Mr. Udall's account on his site, and it's a little clearer, but I'm still a bit confused.

We spoke to Corey's congress office on Friday, and the lady there went away, (presumably to contact TSC), and she told us that our case was "pending with an officer". She couldn't say how long it would be there, so we're none the wiser. But after reading Matt's site, I'm REALLY confused by these TSC dates. The petitions sit on a shelf until someone takes some, and the dates move forward. I get that. But if our case was with an officer, surely the dates TSC are giving aren't accurate. Our NOA was dated 09/18/02, and the date on the latest site says 09/12/02. Either INS has told this woman porky-pies and our case is in fact, gathering dust on the shelf, and NOT on an officer's desk, or someone at TSC has a serious problem with their typing skills. (Or they have a BITCHING time machine, because they've gone back in time twice now.)

I'm not taking these sites as gospel, but surely there can't be such a vast difference if they're all getting their figures from TSC. Can anyone shed any light on this seemingly pitch black question?

Thanks in advance.
Kate. xxxx
Old Nov 29th 2002, 2:15 pm
Peaquod

How about, the congress office was lying ? Yeah, I know, a ridiculous idea, congessfolk lying, lol.

Maybe you should call the office back and ask exactly what she understood by the term she used, 'pending with an officer' to mean, exactly, in simple terms that 'mere' voters can understand.

Old Nov 29th 2002, 3:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone familiar with the process?

Kate

Two things you are not taking into account in your scenarios. One is that Matt's site is not updated as of today's date because the latest numbers from TSC are not out yet. So it is quite possible they are working on applications from after 9/12. Second, because it has been assigned to an agent, doesn't mean it is being "worked" on. It might mean only that it has made it to point two (point one being the mailroom) to point two, the adjudicators desk. It might be 33rd in line for processing in the pile on his/her desk. But because it is off the shelf and now on a desk it is classified as being pending.

I hate seeing you tying yourself up in knots like this. Honestly think in your case not knowing the numbers would be a heck of a lot better for you than knowing them. You will be approved, believe me ;-) Moms always know these things.

Rete

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, there!

Feeling a little better now. Told my betrothed about the TSC dates, we both had a "Who can shout the most obcenities" contest, cried a lot, and now I'm not too bad.

I do have a question for anyone who's familiar with the I-129F processing procedure though. I've seen Mr. Udall's account on his site, and it's a little clearer, but I'm still a bit confused.

We spoke to Corey's congress office on Friday, and the lady there went away, (presumably to contact TSC), and she told us that our case was "pending with an officer". She couldn't say how long it would be there, so we're none the wiser. But after reading Matt's site, I'm REALLY confused by these TSC dates. The petitions sit on a shelf until someone takes some, and the dates move forward. I get that. But if our case was with an officer, surely the dates TSC are giving aren't accurate. Our NOA was dated 09/18/02, and the date on the latest site says 09/12/02. Either INS has told this woman porky-pies and our case is in fact, gathering dust on the shelf, and NOT on an officer's desk, or someone at TSC has a serious problem with their typing skills. (Or they have a BITCHING time machine, because they've gone back in time twice now.)

I'm not taking these sites as gospel, but surely there can't be such a vast difference if they're all getting their figures from TSC. Can anyone shed any light on this seemingly pitch black question?

Thanks in advance.
Kate. xxxx
Old Nov 29th 2002, 11:31 pm

Default Re: anyone familiar with the process?

Originally posted by Rete
Kate

Second, because it has been assigned to an agent, doesn't mean it is being "worked" on. It might mean only that it has made it to point two (point one being the mailroom) to point two, the adjudicators desk. It might be 33rd in line for processing in the pile on his/her desk. But because it is off the shelf and now on a desk it is classified as being pending.

I hate seeing you tying yourself up in knots like this. Honestly think in your case not knowing the numbers would be a heck of a lot better for you than knowing them. You will be approved, believe me ;-) Moms always know these things.

Rete
Thanks for the reassurance, Rete.

I think what makes this more aggravating for me is because I deal with application forms all day every day in my job, all the forms that come to me are done within the day, and out the door. It's really stupid comparing that to the INS process, because it's a completely different thing, but it's like, "If I can do it, why can't they???" !!!!!!! Doh!!!

I took the congress office's remark to mean that the adjudicator had the little approved stamp hovering over it!!!! And as for Peaquod's post about maybe the congress office lying......oh, Lord!!! Please don't let THAT be true!!!!

Maybe you're right about not looking at the dates, Rete. In this case, ignorance IS bliss. But it's like an apple to Adam and Eve...........SOOOOOOO tempting!!!!!!!!!

Kate. xxxxxxxx
Old Nov 30th 2002, 12:01 am
ScarlettHill

o kate. i really do feel for you with all the waiting. rete is right. but i know i'd be tearing my hair out too in your position. texas were moving so fast back in july that it seems crazy they've almost ground to a halt now. something about this time of year seems to make waiting harder - all the chrissie plans of families being together and the like.

hang in there. on the big plus side - the moment london gets their hands on the approved petition you can give them a nudge by mail. you have had your provisional file set up in very good time so, if it's any small consolation at all, this bit has to be the last really bad bit.

all the best.

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Nov 30th 2002, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

im not trying to say this to make you feel bad and i dealt with a total different service centre with MSC, but my case had been pending for 90days, but scarlett is right once london receives the file you will be processed fairly quickly. Hang in there, im sure it wont be too long.
good luck
Old Nov 30th 2002, 12:17 am

Originally posted by ScarlettGarrett

hang in there. on the big plus side - the moment london gets their hands on the approved petition you can give them a nudge by mail. you have had your provisional file set up in very good time so, if it's any small consolation at all, this bit has to be the last really bad bit.

all the best.

regards
-=-
scarlett
Originally posted by mrsstrickland
im not trying to say this to make you feel bad and i dealt with a total different service centre with MSC, but my case had been pending for 90days, but scarlett is right once london receives the file you will be processed fairly quickly. Hang in there, im sure it wont be too long.
good luck
Thanks for the good wishes, peeps.
I do take comfort in the knowledge that I'm dealing with London. I think once this first stage is over, the time'll fly so fast I'll feel like I've been hit by a truck!!! Can't wait for that!!!! Bring it oooooooonnnnnnn!!!!!!:
Kate. xxxxxxx

Last edited by katesuiter1; Nov 30th 2002 at 12:19 am.