Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever experience this? Help?

Wikiposts

Anyone ever experience this? Help?

Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:22 am
Just Joined

beatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nice
Default Anyone ever experience this? Help?

My new husband (Brit ex-pat) just called me at work to say that the package of the AOS, EAD, and Travel Advance was sent back. But not just the bits that needed clarification or additional information, the ENTIRE package, including check!

We sent in the I-797 receipt of the K-1 but they asked for it again in the stuff that came back, as well as copies of the Visa itself - which we sent!

Has anyone ever had the WHOLE package sent back?

*panics*
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever experience this? Help?

Originally Posted by beatlesgirl
My new husband (Brit ex-pat) just called me at work to say that the package of the AOS, EAD, and Travel Advance was sent back. But not just the bits that needed clarification or additional information, the ENTIRE package, including check!

We sent in the I-797 receipt of the K-1 but they asked for it again in the stuff that came back, as well as copies of the Visa itself - which we sent!

Has anyone ever had the WHOLE package sent back?

*panics*
Yes, it can happen. Just sent the whole package back again, including the check, and including the items USCIS lost and are requesting again.

Rene
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:24 am
TKO
Sweatin' it up in Bama

TKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really niceTKO is just really nice

Look on the bright side - when you do send it all back in, you know it will all be together still.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Ok we've got the required documents ready to go (beatlesgirl is my wife ) ..

Should we also return their rejection notices ?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:39 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter

Thanks in advance,

Paul
I would. Make a note on them, that you have included the requested evidence.

Keep a photocopy of their rejection notice and your note for your own file.

Rene
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter

Thanks in advance,

Paul
What was the missing piece? It might be helpful for others to know.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:36 am
Just Joined

beatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
What was the missing piece? It might be helpful for others to know.
We sent in the I-767C Receipt for the K-1 Visa, but it was the one that said the USCIS had just received it. They wanted the I-767 confirmation of approval - and our lawyer had it and hadn't given it to us. So we got it back and are sending it out today.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.. that is the "NOA2" in online lingo (you used the *correct* terms! ) ... I've always thought it was funny that they want the petition approval notice with an AOS. First of all, they would *have* the record of it themselves already (USCIS approved it afterall) and secondly, you wouldn't have the K-1 visa (copy enclosed) if you hadn't had the petition.

It's a leftover from the instand adjustments Ks used to get?

All's well that ends well.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:58 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beatlesgirl
We sent in the I-767C Receipt for the K-1 Visa, but it was the one that said the USCIS had just received it. They wanted the I-767 confirmation of approval - and our lawyer had it and hadn't given it to us. So we got it back and are sending it out today.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!
My lawyer had my approval notice as well . She had said that she had sent it but after looking in her files she never did. I finally got it just before my fiancees K1 interview. They didn't ask for it but I figured you never know and I wouldn't have known that I needed it if it weren't for this forum because my attorney never mentioned that I would!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Well they cashed the cheque (sorry, check) today so it looks like they're happy with what we sent them this time ...

Another small step taken along our journey ..