Reload this Page >

Anyone else get a letter like this?

Wikiposts

Anyone else get a letter like this?

Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:03 am
AWC
Just Joined

AWC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone else get a letter like this?

We were able to get a copy of the letter that INS sent (if you remember my last post that we lost it!) But we're a little confused by it...

Was wondering if anyone else had received a letter like this and what it was for. It is marked I-797C and the ASC code is 3. It says: "A review of USCIS records has determined that you have your identity established at a local USCIS application support center, which will include taking your signature, photo and/or fingerprints. Please contact the National Customer Service Center to schedule an appointment for a date and time that is convenient to you."

My husband has already had is fingerprints/biometrics done... the single for the EAD and the full set for the AOS. Are they asking him to take them again?

Anyone want to make a guess what this is for? Anyone else receive this?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else get a letter like this?

I received a similar letter. It was because my original set of fingerprints were over 15 months old and had expired.

Originally Posted by AWC
We were able to get a copy of the letter that INS sent (if you remember my last post that we lost it!) But we're a little confused by it...

Was wondering if anyone else had received a letter like this and what it was for. It is marked I-797C and the ASC code is 3. It says: "A review of USCIS records has determined that you have your identity established at a local USCIS application support center, which will include taking your signature, photo and/or fingerprints. Please contact the National Customer Service Center to schedule an appointment for a date and time that is convenient to you."

My husband has already had is fingerprints/biometrics done... the single for the EAD and the full set for the AOS. Are they asking him to take them again?

Anyone want to make a guess what this is for? Anyone else receive this?

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old Jun 6th 2005, 11:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AWC
We were able to get a copy of the letter that INS sent (if you remember my last post that we lost it!).
I guess the question is, did you ever have the fp/bio done in response to the original letter? If you did, then remember that this letter is simply a copy of the original. If you didn't, then I guess you need to get it done.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:36 am
AWC
Just Joined

AWC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I guess the question is, did you ever have the fp/bio done in response to the original letter? If you did, then remember that this letter is simply a copy of the original. If you didn't, then I guess you need to get it done.

Ian
Yes, he had his fp/bio done in December of 2004, so the should not have expired already.

This isn't a copy of the original notice to get his fingerprints done... that came last year, and he completed the request (we have the stamped biometrics/fingerprint paperwork to support that)... this is a separate letter. (I say copy because in a previous post, I explained that the "original" had been lost when my bag was stolen last week!)

So since his prints probably aren't expired, any ideas on what this could be? I guess we'll find out eventually, but we're just curious!