Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Baltimore, MD area did AOS? Question about medical exam

Wikiposts

Anyone from Baltimore, MD area did AOS? Question about medical exam

Old Oct 10th 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

johnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nicejohnandrose is just really nice
Default Anyone from Baltimore, MD area did AOS? Question about medical exam

My wife will be here in the U.S. with her K3 visa in about a month. I wanna file for AOS and EAD as soon as I can. I'm in Maryland. So, I know that I have to file those petitions with VSC.

Has anyone done the AOS process through VSC from my general area? Can you please tell me if I have to send any "medican exam" related documents when I file the initial AOS application? Does my wife have to go to a doctor here in the U.S. to get a medical exam done before I file for AOS? Or will VSC tell us to do that right before the actual AOS interview? I'm just a little confused.

I guess the VO at the POE will give us the medical report in the sealed envelope back to us after looking at it. If we have that, do we need to send a copy of that with our initial AOS application? I know that AOS applications are so specific depending on the local office/service center. This is why I was wondering if anyone from Maryland or someone who filed through VSC can help me? Thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Baltimore, MD area did AOS? Question about medical exam

She will have had her Medical before being issued a Visa.

You will need the Immunisations up to date if any were missing, you ring the USCIS number and get local approved Surgeries.

POE retains the envelope, I guess they eventually match up.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:34 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone from Baltimore, MD area did AOS? Question about medical exam

Originally Posted by Boiler
She will have had her Medical before being issued a Visa.

You will need the Immunisations up to date if any were missing, you ring the USCIS number and get local approved Surgeries.

POE retains the envelope, I guess they eventually match up.
David's right. I went through Baltimore for my AOS and wasn't required to supply a further vaccination supplement, (I came here on a K1) as all my docs were in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE and all my vaccinations were up to date at the time of the medical.