Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anybody out there who finished the 130 process abroad ?

Anybody out there who finished the 130 process abroad ?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 7:03 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody out there who finished the 130 process abroad ?

Originally Posted by tenni
we just received the 864 packet from NVC. didn't get a bill yet for the $335. i suppose that is coming separately?
Hey! Maybe you can do yours on credit, . You should be receiving the bill soon I would think. Ya gotta use the bill they send because it has the bar code info as well as the recipient's name on it.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:08 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

NVC case number assigned on August 12th!! Slowly moving along...
Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:01 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoshsCarole
NVC case number assigned on August 12th!! Slowly moving along...
Hurray!! It ain't much, but it's progress, !
Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Coolcap4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
By this I mean NON DCF. We've gotten the second NOA for the 130, it's been entered in at NVC BUT we want to circumvent the looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggg wait through Atlanta and complete the process in the UK. DH is here with me in the US courtesy of the K3. Trying to find out what's next, other than the recorded message at NVC that says the beneficiary will be notified in 6-8 weeks. Will they notify him here in the US or send the info to the UK to his old address?
Please help fill in the missing pieces!!!

Thanks
I filed overseas for my husband, where he lives. We went to the embassy together and we had separate interviews that day. In a couple weeks he was called in to an interview. He got approved and paid for his visa, but we still have to wait because he just took fingerprints and that takes about 2 months to process.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:03 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy & co

Just a quick update. My I-130 and my son's I-130 was approved on the 19th Aug! Hooray.... we applied March 2003 and I wasn't expecting it just yet!! Not complaining though and very, very happy. We got back from vacation yesterday (22nd) to that lovely surprise. We are also going to be doing the Consular process so I'm just reading through all your posts! Could you let me know where you are at the moment in this process? My son still only has interim EAD though. Thanks in advance.

Maggie
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:59 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Maggs
Hi Cindy & co

Just a quick update. My I-130 and my son's I-130 was approved on the 19th Aug! Hooray.... we applied March 2003 and I wasn't expecting it just yet!! Not complaining though and very, very happy. We got back from vacation yesterday (22nd) to that lovely surprise. We are also going to be doing the Consular process so I'm just reading through all your posts! Could you let me know where you are at the moment in this process? My son still only has interim EAD though. Thanks in advance.

Maggie
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a little backburner with things, by that I mean filling out the 864. I got a receipt confo that NVC's office in St Louis had received the cashier's check for 335.00 I sent them. The airfares don't go down until after September and REALLY drop in November so that is playing a part in our decision. Also once August (read summer holidays, ) are over they should be more fully staffed in London.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough

It is refreshing to see someone happy about the process taking longer!!!
Actuall, a more serious question about this. I expect our I-130 to be approved in a few weeks, and our 2nd anniversary is Xmas Eve. Is there anything to stop us from holding off the final interview until after the anniversary?

Dave
Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:45 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Anybody out there who finished the 130 process abroad ?

I want my I-130 approved!!!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

davewilliams will become famous soon enoughdavewilliams will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tenni
we just received the 864 packet from NVC. didn't get a bill yet for the $335. i suppose that is coming separately?
Just a thought. Does one have to include the $335 in outgoings on the I-864?

Dave

Last edited by davewilliams; Aug 24th 2004 at 10:49 pm. Reason: typo
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I want YOURS approved too! For ourselves, I am quite content to wait another six months on our I-130.

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I want my I-130 approved!!!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:41 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Anybody out there who finished the 130 process abroad ?

Originally Posted by utopiacowboy
I want YOURS approved too! For ourselves, I am quite content to wait another six months on our I-130.
Thank you utopia, eres un cielo!!
Hope yours doesn't get approved soon!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Aug 25th 2004 at 3:07 am.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:27 am
Sursum corda

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a little backburner with things, by that I mean filling out the 864. I got a receipt confo that NVC's office in St Louis had received the cashier's check for 335.00 I sent them. The airfares don't go down until after September and REALLY drop in November so that is playing a part in our decision. Also once August (read summer holidays, ) are over they should be more fully staffed in London.

Well we got the DS-230 in the mail to fill out now. So far pretty smooth-NVC sends us forms, we send them money, they send us forms we send them money...........
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:58 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cindy

Good to see you're moving along slowly. We still aren't in the NVC system so don't have a LND number. Still watching and waiting how things go for you.

Maggie

Well we got the DS-230 in the mail to fill out now. So far pretty smooth-NVC sends us forms, we send them money, they send us forms we send them money...........
Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:36 pm
At last in Josh's arms =)

JoshsCarole is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ya'll!

I got my agent of choice and $65 bill in the mail yesterday, and I'm mailing it all back to them today!

Cindy, they say the next step is the I-864. Did you have to fill it out and send it to them, or fill it out and keep it for your husband to bring it with him to his interview in London? They make it sound like you have to send the I-864 + supporting documents back to them, but one of the websites you sent me says (http://www.immserve.com/cons_pro.htm) implies the opposite! I'm just wondering if I should tell my father-in-law to get cracking now or not...

Thank you!!! =)

Carole
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:19 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by JoshsCarole
Hey ya'll!

I got my agent of choice and $65 bill in the mail yesterday, and I'm mailing it all back to them today!

Cindy, they say the next step is the I-864. Did you have to fill it out and send it to them, or fill it out and keep it for your husband to bring it with him to his interview in London? They make it sound like you have to send the I-864 + supporting documents back to them, but one of the websites you sent me says (http://www.immserve.com/cons_pro.htm) implies the opposite! I'm just wondering if I should tell my father-in-law to get cracking now or not...

Thank you!!! =)

Carole

<----------------HIDES HEAD AND RUNS TO THE CORNER!!! Er I haven't done my 864 yet. Have had a bunch of stuff going on-major home renovation (more like rescue, ) the whole month of August with more to come in a few weeks. I did quit my second job today, , so FINALLY after 3 years I get to have more than one (sometimes I didn't even get that for weeks at a time) day off a week. I have already promised myself I would attend to the 864 this weekend. Can't let the home team down, , Forgive me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.