Wikiposts

Any time now...

Old Dec 12th 2003, 10:01 pm
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about
Default Any time now...

Been a while since I posted here.. Our I-129F for K3 NOA1 was 30th September... Great to see people getting approved, we should be any time now! We're getting excited

We're worried we might get an RFE because we didn't send a copy of Donna's divorce cert with the I-129F (but we did with the I-130) because the instructions never told us to, and we read somewhere that some RFE's were being issued because of this Anyone know anything about that?

Fingers crossed anyway. I really should have send for my police record before now too, only just doing that today

Oh well.. congrats on all the approvals guys, can't wait for ours Checking that online status several times a day now
Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any time now...

Ric,

Instruction page (2) of I-129 F clearly states that if either of you were married before, copies of evidence should be produced to prove that each prior marriage was legally terminated. Further I129F and 130 were submitted at different processing centres 9 (Chicago and Nebraska resp). We can only hope and pray that you dont get RFE. You should be getting your Police certificate sometime around mid January. Good luck.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 6:17 am
Ric
Forum Regular

Ric has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura aboutRic has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any time now...

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Ric,

Instruction page (2) of I-129 F clearly states that if either of you were married before, copies of evidence should be produced to prove that each prior marriage was legally terminated. Further I129F and 130 were submitted at different processing centres 9 (Chicago and Nebraska resp). We can only hope and pray that you dont get RFE. You should be getting your Police certificate sometime around mid January. Good luck.
I just reviewed the form on the USCIS website...

Under the instructions for filing the I-129F for a K3 it says:

"...You must submit the documents required in questions 3, 4 and 6 of the instructions, but may omit the documents required in 5..."

The evidence of marriage termination is requested in question 5 D, and thus according to the form is not required.

However, I still hear that some RFE's are being issued because of this. Go figure...

I hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Let's see what happens