Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

any special issues re my Dominican wife's I130/129F applications

Wikiposts

any special issues re my Dominican wife's I130/129F applications

Old May 3rd 2002, 9:40 pm
Ky2b

Default any special issues re my Dominican wife's I130/129F applications

I was married in the Dominican Republic to a Dominican national. It has taken several
months to gather all the information and paperwork. I am about ready to file. Does
this delay have any consequence regarding the INS? Further, there is a large age
difference between my wife and me. I know that Santo Domingo has the highest U.S.
visa fraud rate in the world and that it is the only embassy with a special "fraud
squad." What are the consequences of all this to the length of the process? Bob
Norton RJ from Flushing

Old May 3rd 2002, 11:10 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: any special issues re my Dominican wife's I130/129F applications

KY2B wrote:
    > I was married in the Dominican Republic to a Dominican national. It has taken
    > several months to gather all the information and paperwork. I am about ready to
    > file. Does this delay have any consequence regarding the INS? Further, there is a
    > large age difference between my wife and me. I know that Santo Domingo has the
    > highest U.S. visa fraud rate in the world and that it is the only embassy with a
    > special "fraud squad." What are the consequences of all this to the length of the
    > process? Bob Norton

It sounds like you already know what you are up against. I advise you to provide
*ample* proof of this relationship, that it is a bona fide marriage. Anything you can
dredge up would possibly be helpful. Cards, letters, documents, etc. She should bring
these to the interview to present to the consulate. I would also advise YOU to be
THERE with your wife for the interview. Sometimes this makes the crucial difference,
from what I have read in this group. Even if they do not allow you to be in the room
with her, her being able to state that you are "just outside" may be important. I
recall an experience posted here where an Indian fiance was undergoing an interview,
and one of the questions was, "When did you last see your fiance?" She responded,
"About 5 minutes ago, he is waiting just outside," whereupon the interview
immediately ended and she received the visa.

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================