Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any recent timeline experiences for I-751 processing letters?

Any recent timeline experiences for I-751 processing letters?

Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recent timeline experiences for I-751 processing letters?

Originally Posted by NoOfficialComment
Good luck!

UPDATE: Got an appointment at my Field Office for tomorrow morning (GC/Drivers License expires today). ....guess what bloody showed up in the mail yesterday: the processing letter.
Nice!

Any clue as to whether the letter was only recently sent? Or was it beaten up suggesting it got lost and re-routed back to you? My biometrics letter was in tatters when it arrived.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:14 pm
Cambridge / Philly.

NoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond reputeNoOfficialComment has a reputation beyond repute

This letter was definitely the replacement letter I'd called and requested. In perfect nick and the issue date was late in Dec rather than the 6th Nov the first one was supposedly sent.

Got driving license renewed yesterday with no issues so all is well in the world.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't understand why people believe the people on the 1-800 misinformation number who tell them that something has been sent. I would say 90% of the time they are just saying whatever they think you want to hear just to get you off the phone. Of course, then you blame USPS for not delivering the letter. But surprise, USPS delivered other mail from the USCIS but not the one that you are anxiously waiting for so of course USPS is the culprit and not the USCIS because the lovely person told you on the phone that it had been sent.

No official comment: Glad you got the Notice of Action so that you can renew your driver's license and travel.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

I guess we can chose which service to condemn at the most. Info pass will resolve I hope.

(EDIT: a little less abrasive, based on subsequent thought)

Last edited by PetrifiedExPat; Jan 8th 2019 at 4:48 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2019, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

This letter was definitely the replacement letter I'd called and requested. In perfect nick and the issue date was late in Dec rather than the 6th Nov the first one was supposedly sent.

Got driving license renewed yesterday with no issues so all is well in the world.
Again, nice!

It seems that I will stick to the Infopass. Back to a brick and mortar once more!
Old Jan 18th 2019, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Obtained my I-551 stamp today, first in line and the process only took 10 mins!

Nice people.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point

USCIS cashed my $680 application cheque 3 weeks ago and as of yet still no confirmation of processing letter.

I travel back to Europe at least once a month so that letter is pretty essential for me (not to mention my NJ drivers license expires same day as my green card).

Not that concerned yet (still have nearly 6 weeks till it expires) but just curious if anyone has done their recently?
My i751 timeline so far...
27 July 2018 - application sent
Within a week cheques were cashed (application and biometrics)
About a week after that I got my NOA (and my 18 extension)
5th Sept 2018- Biometrics appointment (took ten mins)
26 Oct 2018- GC expired
Present Day: Waiting.

If you still don't have your NOA consider calling USCIS to find out what's happened. Maybe their backlog is getting worse? Maybe they didn't get it out to you or it was lost in the mail?

Keep us posted!