Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any idea about Counsular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

Wikiposts

Any idea about Counsular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:34 am
Just Joined

ash2005 will become famous soon enough
Question Any idea about Counsular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

If anybody have any experience about Counsular processing for US permanant residence at Montreal ,Canada?

My friend's interview is in 3rd week of May.
Thanks
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any idea about Counsular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

Originally Posted by ash2005
If anybody have any experience about Counsular processing for US permanant residence at Montreal ,Canada?

My friend's interview is in 3rd week of May.
Thanks

What is your question?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Any idea about Consular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

Originally Posted by Rete
What is your question?
1)About the whole process, the time taken from medical exams to getting the PR approval.

2) The percentage of cases being approved.

Last edited by ash2005; Apr 20th 2005 at 8:20 am.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

MitchB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any idea about Consular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

1)About the whole process, the time taken from medical exams to getting the PR approval.

Ash,

I went through consular processing in Montreal in Jan 2000. The process was very straightforward and efficient. I elected to go through consular processing instead of the INS for adjustment of status. I filed the application and was given an interview appointment 6 months later.

As I was (and am still) living in the San Francisco Bay area I scheduled a 2 week vacation around the consular appointment. I scheduled the medical exam early in the first week 2 days before the appointment. The consulate provides a list of approved medical offices that they recognize and the exam is pretty routine with blood tests, X-rays, urine samples, etc. The doctor fills out a medical certificate which you bring with you to the consulate.

Time at the consulate consisted of 1 hour waiting and 30 minutes with the consulate officer going over the details in the application. My case had no issues so the process was stress-free and uneventful. The officer stamped my application, provided an approval document and that was pretty well it.

I spent week 2 on vacation and when I returned home, I spent about an hour in the Toronto airport US immigration office, mostly waiting, as they processed my green card entry document.

From start to finish:

- 6 months application to interview
- 1 week for medical and consulate approval

Wishing you the best of luck!

Mitch
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Any idea about Consular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

Originally Posted by MitchB
Ash,

I went through consular processing in Montreal in Jan 2000. The process was very straightforward and efficient. I elected to go through consular processing instead of the INS for adjustment of status. I filed the application and was given an interview appointment 6 months later.

As I was (and am still) living in the San Francisco Bay area I scheduled a 2 week vacation around the consular appointment. I scheduled the medical exam early in the first week 2 days before the appointment. The consulate provides a list of approved medical offices that they recognize and the exam is pretty routine with blood tests, X-rays, urine samples, etc. The doctor fills out a medical certificate which you bring with you to the consulate.

Time at the consulate consisted of 1 hour waiting and 30 minutes with the consulate officer going over the details in the application. My case had no issues so the process was stress-free and uneventful. The officer stamped my application, provided an approval document and that was pretty well it.

I spent week 2 on vacation and when I returned home, I spent about an hour in the Toronto airport US immigration office, mostly waiting, as they processed my green card entry document.

From start to finish:

- 6 months application to interview
- 1 week for medical and consulate approval

Wishing you the best of luck!

Mitch
Thanks
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Arrow Re: Any idea about Consular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

Thanks
Thanks Mitch,
I appreciate sharing your experience.
The interview is on Tuesday. I am wondering if the medicals exams can take place either on Sat or Sunday?

Any idea?

Thanks again
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You're not talking adjusting status based on marriage to a USC but adjustment due to eligibility based on employment.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:58 am
Concierge

Thanks Mitch,
The interview is on Tuesday. I am wondering if the medicals exams can take place either on Sat or Sunday?

Any idea?

Thanks again

The medicals are not at the US Consulate but at a private doctor's office. Did they not send you a list of doctor's that you can call to make an appointment with? There are one or two in the greater Montreal area but I seriously doubt any of them are available on a Sunday.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:37 am
Just Joined

The medicals are not at the US Consulate but at a private doctor's office. Did they not send you a list of doctor's that you can call to make an appointment with? There are one or two in the greater Montreal area but I seriously doubt any of them are available on a Sunday.
Awaiting the interview kit!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:19 am
Just Joined

You're not talking adjusting status based on marriage to a USC but adjustment due to eligibility based on employment.
Yes i am talking about employment based Green Card. If you could share what papers are required?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

MitchB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mitch,

Any idea?

Thanks again
I doubt that the clinics are open on weekends. When you get the kit call the clinics and ask.

M
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Any idea about Consular Processing time for US Green Card at Montreal,Canada

[QUOTE=MitchB]I doubt that the clinics are open on weekends. When you get the kit call the clinics and ask.

Hello,
My interview is on 24th May for employment based consular processing at Montreal.Canada
Anybody has any idea what papers are required and what questions do they ask and The percentage rate of cases being approved.
Thanks in advance.