Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Oct 27th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

I do love the Midwest - hubby is from Minnesota but going back to school in Wisconsin.... I am jealous of you all going to warmer climates though! Minnesota in the winter is hellish....if hell was freezing.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Hey guys, just checked the embassy and they're filing petitions from 1st September..... looks like they're getting closer and closer to us!!!! How exciting! I'm guessing end of November for ours - would be a lovely birthday present.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic, thanks for the update! DH flies out tomorrow and that gives me hope that perhaps I can have some news and even have everything submitted and an interview date by Christmas- got to keep optimistic!

Looks like everyone on the July/August has theirs now
Old Oct 29th 2010, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic! I really wish I could be over there by January and get settled but we're aiming for March/April.

I'm glad to hear the July/August people have got everything....it's really nice to hear its going well for everyone.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:08 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Hmmm...I don't think an interview before Christmas is a realistic possibility.
DCF in London is quick but not that quick. Generally you should plan for the process to take 4-6 months of filing the I-130, with most cases being completed at around 5 months.
Let's say you get your I-130 approval soon, in the next 3-4 weeks. Then you'll have to wait for about 2-3 weeks for the Visa Unit to send you your case number. Without that, you can't book your medical or send your "readiness for interview" form in, as they won't know which file to match it with and they'll discard your paperwork.
So you get your case number and let's say that you're able to book your medical for a week or two later, and as soon as you book your medical you send in your DS-230 and DS-2001 to the Embassy. By the new rules, the Embassy needs to have your medical results before they can schedule your interview, and these will take another week to reach them after you've completed your medical.
By people's timelines, it seems like the interview date is approximately two months after you've sent in your readiness form. It generally takes them about a month to get back to you with a letter indicating your interview date, and the letter is usually received 3-4 weeks prior to the actual interview date.

All that added together, the absolute earliest you can expect an interview is late January, but more realistically February or even March.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I was being optimistic and a little silly and was definitely thinking an 'interview date' not interview before christmas, I am aware it takes around 6 months.
Still, with DH leaving tomorrow it is helping to be optimistic even though I understand the process and know how much more I have to do.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

At least January isn't bad. Could be worse - this could take the 18 months I was originally prepared for! I'm just excited and want to get things settled.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by C_C
All that added together, the absolute earliest you can expect an interview is late January, but more realistically February or even March.
I should have said thank you for putting everything in chronological order too- that's helpful to know the next stage and I look forward to hearing when you get your case number.
Hearing you say 'February or even March' still sounds great to me- when I filed they were processing forms submitted exactly 3 months before and for my filing date September 28th, that would have been Christmas. It's hopeful that at least I might have my approval in a month or so and everything back to them by Christmas. So good to have people a month ahead sharing their process.

You're so right Candybelle- I was too!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:08 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
At least January isn't bad. Could be worse - this could take the 18 months I was originally prepared for! I'm just excited and want to get things settled.
18 months??
No way for DCF even for the busiest Consulates! Even if you filed directly in the US, it wouldn't have taken more than a year tops (usually 8-10 months).
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:11 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Colobound
I should have said thank you for putting everything in chronological order too- that's helpful to know the next stage and I look forward to hearing when you get your case number.
Hearing you say 'February or even March' still sounds great to me- when I filed they were processing forms submitted exactly 3 months before and for my filing date September 28th, that would have been Christmas. It's hopeful that at least I might have my approval in a month or so and everything back to them by Christmas. So good to have people a month ahead sharing their process.

You're so right Candybelle- I was too!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that too! Hope it doesn't take too long.
February is actually very realistic for your timeline, and it shouldn't be any later than March
Equally, my husband and I are expecting a January or February interview
Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

18 months was the stresshead inside of me talking!
I worry. I'm just trying to remind myself that this is a process that I should try and enjoy because it is the start of mine and my husbands new life.

My dream would be to make it home for the superbowl but I doubt that'd happen! Can't wait to watch games in real time and not recorded.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:12 am
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

Does anybody know how I inform the US London Embassy my husbands address change once he moves to the US?

Thanks for everyone help
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viddy
Does anybody know how I inform the US London Embassy my husbands address change once he moves to the US?
They don't need to know.

Ian
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viddy
Hey guys,

Thanks for everyone help
If your husband is the US citizen, the Embassy doesn't need to know he moved.
Old Nov 4th 2010, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

We are october filers !!

Hubby (USC)sent off the paperwork via recorded delivery, and they received it October 29th!!

So i suppose the next step is just the waiting game

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.