Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Oct 25th 2010, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
We're moving to Wisconsin, I can not wait!!!!
I've been to Wisconsin... there's still time to change your mind!

Ian
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've been to Wisconsin... there's still time to change your mind!

Ian
What is wrong with the land of cheese and spotted cow?!?! I take offence!

I've had my email notice today. OH MY GOD. Sorry for the rather juvenile excitement but YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
Old Oct 25th 2010, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point

What is wrong with the land of cheese and spotted cow?!?! I take offence!

I've had my email notice today. OH MY GOD. Sorry for the rather juvenile excitement but YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Hey Candy

I've got my email "Notice of Reciept of Petition for Alien Relative (form I-130) too!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm excited to!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice

YAAAAAAAY for usssss!!!

Are you getting everything together now? I have to speak to the father in law because he has to be co-sponsor and get the police certificates together but other then that YAY.

Next step being DS-230 and the DS - 2001 - 1?

I'm glad we had them at the same time aha.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

viddy is an unknown quantity at this point

YAAAAAAAY for usssss!!!

Are you getting everything together now? I have to speak to the father in law because he has to be co-sponsor and get the police certificates together but other then that YAY.

Next step being DS-230 and the DS - 2001 - 1?

I'm glad we had them at the same time aha.

I know! My husband getting the tax returns from the IRS, and i printed the police certificate application form but not sure if i should do it now or wait a bit? Apparently they are valid for 6 months? Not sure if this is true?

Getting my immunisation report so i get get nay jabs i may not have had, and trying to find all the other stuff.

Quite exciting !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

I read elsewhere that the police certificates are valid for a year so it might be worth getting it now just to have everything ready.
Do you have any information for the immunisations? I might go and have a check up with my doctor so if there's anything that could be treated for the medical and not prove problematic I can sort it now.
I think the medical is the thing I'm most worried about, as ridiculous as that sounds.

I am very lucky as my father in law is on top of everything. And, for the whole domicile thingy - my hubby has a place at a college out there, would be worth asking them for a letter to prove we want to move back. We're looking at houses too but can't get a mortgage.....

Exciting times!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any information for the immunisations? I might go and have a check up with my doctor so if there's anything that could be treated for the medical and not prove problematic I can sort it now.
I think the medical is the thing I'm most worried about, as ridiculous as that sounds.
You can download the vaccination requirements from the Embassy's website and take them to your GP to see which you need. My childhood vaccination records are missing, but all I needed was the MMR (Mumps/Measles/Rubella) and DTP (Dipheria/Tetanus/Polio).

My GP gave me an MMR booster for free and would have given me a DTP booster for free as well, except that they wanted to start a three-part course, with one shot then, then another in a month and the final one in six months. As this would have been well after my travel, let alone interview date, I demurred and let the Knightsbridge Doctors people decide.

At the medical the vaccinations nurse could not understand what my GP surgery was on about - she'd never heard of the DTP being done as a course - and she just gave me the required jab. Cost £25 on top of the medical fee.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viddy
and i printed the police certificate application form but not sure if i should do it now or wait a bit? Apparently they are valid for 6 months? Not sure if this is true?
The police certificate is valid for 1 year, so you can get it now.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

And, for the whole domicile thingy - my hubby has a place at a college out there, would be worth asking them for a letter to prove we want to move back. We're looking at houses too but can't get a mortgage.....
Yes, it would be worth getting a letter from the college stating that your husband has a spot there.

Also, even if you can't get a mortgage, you can show proof of house-hunting.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the help! Luckily mum has my records from when I was a baby to say I had the initial injection, and i'll just pop along to my doctors to get the boosters.

Lets just get this rolling!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

wareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to all

I had the i-130 fee charged to my card on the 21/10/2010

they received the form on the 14th

helpful thread!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Whey! Welcome to the October Filers club!

Where is everyone planning to move to?
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Whey! Welcome to the October Filers club!

Where is everyone planning to move to?
We are planning to go to California, Bay area possibly San Mateo or somewhere like that, aiming to go mid next year, sent I130 on 4th Oct payment taken on 12th , just awaiting email etc now :-)
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We're moving to Boudler, Colorado. Can't wait. DH goes this weekend and I'm staying in London until we get the visa.

This will be my 2nd green card- we lived in california in 2000- 2003 before moving back to London. I tried to go back every year to keep it active but then moved to Australia and let it lapse. Even though I have an alien number I have had to start to process over again. Oh well, it certainly seems that DCF is faster and easier than when we applied in Sacramento. I'm just hoping that being 2nd time round won't go against me

Candybelle- Dh is orginally from Iowa so I know about living in the midwest- hope you'll enjoy it!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

wareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to allwareagle is a name known to all

Austin TX, end of April, early May 2011...... can't wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.